Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

absolutely.you are not asking for new flowmasters and a body kit.like i said people will try very hard to get over on you.way to stand your ground,dude!!!!

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

so lots more drama has happened, but car is currently in the shop being repaired!!! Thank you State Farm and my awesome agent! here are some pics i will call "excuse me, but WTF are you doing??!?" these were taken outside my apartment at about 3:30am Saturday. By the trash the big guy there was talking like a fool as I was snapping pics of him and his license plates on the phone with the police dispatcher; these 2 must be from shady towing truck company that damaged the car. I believe the woman to be the owner--no idea who the guy is--not the driver that hit the car. They got very upset when I filed on my own insurance and refused to deal with them anymore. Guess they decided they would be their own insurance adjusters...someone mail them some brain cells please.
    Last edited by 02WS6dream; 07-08-2009 at 10:59 AM.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

You did the right thing.

You (By law) have the right to chose where the work is done.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    he wanted the opportunity to pay for the damage rather than involve his employer-and I agreed. I called him this morning and he started talking about calling his personal insurer and claiming he hit me with his personal vehicle blah blah insurance fraud blah and so I had to decline and get the company involved.
    BAD idea... NEVER do that... always get some one else involved...

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Getting your insurance involved is the right thing to do. You do not have the time to deal with the owner of the company, especially if she is giving you attitude. The only down side I see is the potential of you being out of pocket your deductible until your insurance agency settles.

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post

You (By law) have the right to chose where the work is done.

Yep, absolutely true. The other company cannot tell you where to take your vehicle for repairs. They can ask for multiple estimates though.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

What big guy? All I see is two old people ...should've made them shit in their Depends.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

At least your moving so you don't have to worry about any backlash from the guy that got fired! I'd be worried since he knows what your car looks like and where it sat!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

No dude, I was there... The guy is yelling at me in that second pic...He was like Paul Sr...I wouldnt have fucked with him.

Ironically, these shots were taken about 2 hours after i totalled my car (Bye Bye Camaro...) which was towed a week ago by these same people, in that same lot

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Paul Sr my ass that dude is old and out of shape...his wife looks bigger than he does sitting in that truck. Anyway, you totaled your maro??? WTF happened dude?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it's a known fact that stangs are like magnets to tow trucks......

sorry to hear your car got banged up.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

U absolutely did the right thing. Agreeing with spaz, you should never have agreed to go 'under the table' in the first place. Way too risky. I'm glad State Farm was able to help u out with getting it fixed the way u want it. You deserved to have your car fixed correctly and put back into the condition it was in before.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

knew i could find some comfort with sane ppl that understand the whole f you-you f'ed up my car thing.. and dustin--thought you were getting lots of help from members here on parts and were trying to repair your car??

Black
    2002 SS

Click for full size

Click for full size
    So was Jed Clampett trying to look like a badass with the sleeveless tee shirt.
    You did the right thing by getting your insurance involved. They can't talk shit with them like they did with you. I would have called the law to this Tuttle wanna be and had him arrested for making threats. A beat down would have gotten you both arrested and there are no winners then.

Black
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    No dude, I was there... The guy is yelling at me in that second pic...He was like Paul Sr...I wouldnt have fucked with him.

Ironically, these shots were taken about 2 hours after i totalled my car (Bye Bye Camaro...) which was towed a week ago by these same people, in that same lot
    What happened to your car?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    you did the right thing.i'd be seriously pissed that someone would damage your car,then try to play it off,after they did not try to find you and tell you about the"accident" and to top it off try to jerk you around about getting it fixed with a attempted insurance fraud.
    The towing company could be fined if not shut down IIRC. But then again laws vary from state to state.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

so lots more drama has happened, but car is currently in the shop being repaired!!! Thank you State Farm and my awesome agent! here are some pics i will call "excuse me, but WTF are you doing??!?" these were taken outside my apartment at about 3:30am Saturday. By the trash the big guy there was talking like a fool as I was snapping pics of him and his license plates on the phone with the police dispatcher; these 2 must be from shady towing truck company that damaged the car. I believe the woman to be the owner--no idea who the guy is--not the driver that hit the car. They got very upset when I filed on my own insurance and refused to deal with them anymore. Guess they decided they would be their own insurance adjusters...someone mail them some brain cells please.
    Sounds like your company sent them the estimate and they wanted to see for themself, which is the WRONG thing to do. And they probably want to dispute it(yeah right) or wanted to intimidate you(ALSO the WRONG thing to do). Some folks can't or REFUSE to understand personal accountability.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Paul Sr my ass that dude is old and out of shape...his wife looks bigger than he does sitting in that truck. Anyway, you totaled your maro??? WTF happened dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by jambofla View Post
    What happened to your car?

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117104

here's the thread on it. and yeah, as of now I'm trying to fix it. but its totaled in its current state.

I think i put a list in the thread of the prices I got.

air bags were supposed to be $150 for the set, but i got a drivers side for $20 on Ebay, Ill get the passenger one after next time i get paid, itll be about $40

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information