Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 02 WS6 vs Cobra

pewter
    99 camaro ss

I took an 03 cobra with my 88 Iroc!!!!Of course the Iroc has a 383 min-ram with AFR 195 heads. I pulled him by at least 3 to 4 cars to my surprise!!All I could here was the whining of the charger as i pulled away from a 30 roll. We went at it three times with the same result!!

good kill.

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    03/04 cobras will beat any LS1 all day!! they are simply faster (stock for stock)
    you lost by about one car?? you should be happy with that.. cuz he should have put at least 2-3 cars!
    Wasn't a Terminator.

what's a terminator? give year and spec of engine/ mods/..

2002 TA

03/04 Cobra. 4.6li 4 valve supercharged engine 6 speed manual, with a decent drive 12's stock. 1k in mods, re-tune, sticky tires, 11's. They are fast stock, and with a little money, yes just a little, they are 11's easily. And as we all know.... there's prolly 5% of them that are still left stock

With Full exhaust (stock one is very restrictive) a diff pulley and a few other little odds and ends totalling around 1k$, (I have the issue of Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords if you want all the specifics) and a tune they easily put down 400rwhp+ 400rwt++

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    what's a terminator? give year and spec of engine/ mods/..
    Im a Terminator.

That was an interesting question, I was once on a Mustang Site and they asked me:
    "Whats an F-body?"

People just assume others know what they know, and usually they dont.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

did you say someting, all i see is ass......wow......sure ya terminate it

ahh, the Cobras. 03-04. u call them terminatorz
    they are nice, supercharged. but I'd rather spend 4k on a supercharger for my f-body, they look more attractive and u can do easily 400rwhp stock with the supercharger alone.. I respect the corbras too, they have a nice platform to add mods on..

2002 TA

Well not all cobras are the same. only the 03-04's were supercharged from the factory. He was prolly beat by either a 96-98 or 99 or 01 naturally aspirated as he went to the wrong gear and was ONLY put on by 1-2lengths. Also for 4k does that include all the proper fuel management systems, tune, rear end rebuild (I mean come on how long is that stock one going to hold out, I have heard many people say themselves the stock one is weak) How long would the stock tranny last? What about the motor? and everything you would need to reliably run a supercharger? If so, props. But I would think EVERYTHING installed and tuned professionally would run much more..........

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

I respect the corbras too, they have a nice platform to add mods on..
    thats pretty much anything with boost

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Well not all cobras are the same. only the 03-04's were supercharged from the factory. He was prolly beat by either a 96-98 or 99 or 01 naturally aspirated as he went to the wrong gear and was ONLY put on by 1-2lengths. Also for 4k does that include all the proper fuel management systems, tune, rear end rebuild (I mean come on how long is that stock one going to hold out, I have heard many people say themselves the stock one is weak) How long would the stock tranny last? What about the motor? and everything you would need to reliably run a supercharger? If so, props. But I would think EVERYTHING installed and tuned professionally would run much more..........
    that's right the blower for 4k and a some 2k for 12 bolt rear just in case,,
    it all depends how u drive it, if u launch hard very often then the stock rear is good upto like 400rwhp. after that u may brake it if u launch hard enough times,, the tranny is ok to 450rwhp I'd be ok with stock A4, but yeah a good tune is required, an if u look at my sig, I would definetely get a new tranny
    after the heads/cam to have a good platform for the blower later on,,
    ps. I already have the SFC's but I need the 12 bolt ,, I'll slap 2k on it I think, arrrrhh, expensive crap.
    Last edited by djvaly; 11-21-2006 at 11:10 PM.

2002 TA

that's right the blower for 4k and a some 2k for 12 bolt rear just in case,,
    it all depends how u drive it, if u launch hard very often then the stock rear is good upto like 400rwhp. after that u may brake it if u launch hard enough times,, the tranny is ok to 450rwhp I'd be ok with stock A4, but yeah a good tune is required, an if u look at my sig, I would definetely get a new tranny
    after the heads/cam to have a good platform for the blower later on,,
    ps. I already have the SFC's but I need the 12 bolt ,, I'll slap 2k on it I think, arrrrhh, expensive crap.
    Nice, some more reasons of why I am selling both my Mustangs and most likely getting an LS1 next, Although I found a SWEET deal on a 93 fox body with a 347, very clean, no rust, everything basically eprfect more or less for 8500, and I am considering that.... only thing no T-tops.

put 4k more and u can get a 99-00 TA for 12k @ 55k mi,,, it would be stock most likely but u have the next few years to shape it up.. I think of LS1 platform like a lego game, just add in what u want and get out a beast car.

2002 TA

Yeah, this is true but I am pretty partial to Camaro's.... can't really say why, but I favor them for some reason Here's a link to that hatchback though.... http://corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=852026

Hard to beat then when chances are with a diff cam she'll put down over 400rwhp and be daily driveable.

clean car, there must have been an engine swap.. do a carfax.com on that vin and see wassup? any accidents etc.. the price is not bad

2002 TA

Clean title, no wrecks, obviosuly it's a diff engine lol it's a 347 lol. And yeah I was figuring the same thing.... only thing it needs is some better brakes, prolly do a dif exhaust (long tubes X=pipe and freer flowing catback a diff cam and a tune then it would be perfect) but like he said, as it sits everything is fine. Of course its such a great deal I might not get my stuff sold in time.... we will see.

black
    1998 ws6

no i talk to the guy after the race and i look at his car both car bone stock

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    no i talk to the guy after the race and i look at his car both car bone stock
    Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit.

No stock LS1 Camaro or Trans am will be able to hang with an 03/04 Cobra much less beat it by 2 car lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit.

No stock LS1 Camaro or Trans am will be able to hang with an 03/04 Cobra much less beat it by 2 car lengths.
    I agree. matbe hang with it.. like them rare ws6 factory monster stock ones.. it can happen, maybe with a good tune, but beat them cobra 03/04 stock.. i highly doubt. check the year maybe 01 cobras u beat stock.. which u should

2002 TA

Yeah but he said he was stock to though so no tune or anythin. He could hang with it if the driver missed a shift, but not otherwise. And Yes if it was an 01 Cobra there's a possibility there as those were only rated at 320 I believe? Or the 99 Cobra of course.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information