Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green Hell

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    Trust me I will be taking the first few laps very easy. As for suspension I have UMI STB, LCA, PHB, and 2 point SFC. I have 17" AT Italia Rims with 247/45ZR17 Continetals DWS on it right now. I have a set of Kumhos on standby. Those are a true summer tire.
    As for Oil, Right now i have 5W30 Penziol Platinum. Ive always put a half to 3/4 more oil of oil. Ill go with a thicker synthetic and a better Braking Fluid. Right now, i dont even know what i have in there. A mix of stock and replacment S&S stuff. Royal Purple in the Auto Trans.
    I wonder if you can load a TOMTOM with driving instructions for it lol Technicaly Nurmbergring is on public roads, at least some of it. Im gonna get new brakes anywho. I have Hawks Pads and Drilled and Slotted fronts right now. But im gonna get D&S rotors all around and get new Brake pads too soon.
    ok you have a good start. mind you with the oil..only run it at raceday..drain it once you are done. id run the true summer tires if i were you. the pads and rotors are fine..but the caliper is the main concern in terms of braking. as they are known to split with heavy braking constantly ...now there is a good chance in all reality that you wont need any of this ..wont need the oil and other things. as LSCyaL8R pointed out it isnt like a hotlap set up. So really go out and have fun. just be careful and remember not to push it too hard. i wouldnt worry about the oil either ..running something heavier ...if you want to then do for that added security..but you will more than likely get away with running over the counter "street" oil.

however i am sure you will become hooked after your run on the ring (i am extremely jealous by the way) and you will want to do it more..just know what i listed are some of the hurdles that must be addressed if you start to do hpde often.

your biggest weakness right now is your stock springs and shocks, along with your swaybars (if you are not a ws6) and your calipers. so know your limitation and go have fun sorry to scare you if i did...it was not intended too

Red
    98 Trans Am

Oh trust me im by no mean put off from doing it. Im gonna upgrade my brakes and thank you for reminding me about Swaybars. I completely forgot about that. Gives me an excuse to buy new UMI stuff . So lets see,
    Springs, shocks, Swaybars, Brakes, Rotors, Brake line, Brake Fluids, and Summer tires
    Turbo build 99.9% complete

98' trans am

Oh trust me im by no mean put off from doing it. Im gonna upgrade my brakes and thank you for reminding me about Swaybars. I completely forgot about that. Gives me an excuse to buy new UMI stuff . So lets see,
    Springs, shocks, Swaybars, Brakes, Rotors, Brake line, Brake Fluids, and Summer tires
    yeah that will be night and day difference.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Talking

Josh...don't listen to shady . Run that thing HARD. The sooner you blow up that engine, the sooner you have an excuse to build something worth a darn

White
    1998 Trans Am

Might want to consider a wider tire since 275/40's are stock width so a 245/45 will give you less traction. I had Kumho's before there ok but my BFG KDW NT's are much stickier especially on the twisty backroads. Definately have alot more fun with some upgraded suspension and brakes. Just the stainless lines makde the pedal feel much better and then some slotted/ drilled rotors with EBC red stuff bads annd the car was much better on hard braking into the turns. I would definately run the track the A4 is a disadvantage compared to a M6 but I can easily keep up with the M6 cars here since most don't have a full suspension package. It was like driving a new car you'll love it, especially on the track.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

black
    2000 ss

one of the other problems with the Ring is that since it is soooo long one part of it can be in perfect conditions but another misty and rainy ... they've got weird things like change of camber when none is expected and suicidal motorcyclists (IIRC several per month manage to meet their maker). There are also alledgedly to be TWO entrances to the Ring one of which is the main and therefore properly scrutinised and the other less well known and therefore quieter.

IMO a good option would be to go there one week and get taken round in a BMW 'taxi' (these things used to be M5s driven quite 'enthusiastically' by test drivers - saw someone step out of their session green!! ) which could be a good grounding in what is needed and how fast/crazy things can get as well as learning track etiquette

Whatever you do though - good luck and enjoy!!!!

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Josh...don't listen to shady . :
    i'll keel you!!!

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Josh...don't listen to shady . Run that thing HARD. The sooner you blow up that engine, the sooner you have an excuse to build something worth a darn
    Well i did have my eye on the new ZR1's motor, but i m not sure if would fit lol I would love an LS3 stuffed under the hood and an Auto 6 with it would be SAWEEEET lol

Red
    98 Trans Am

I looked up the prices.
    22 euro - 1 lap
    75 euro - 4 lap
    145 euro - 8 lap
    so on and so forth. These are what i would be interested in for a day out on the track. id probably do the 4 lap one ever so often.

.73 Euro = $1.00
    Exchange rate in Germany right now.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 07-25-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Money :)

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

8 laps for me please....
    I will get a sway bar on the bitch and some tires. Should be a good time fucking my brakes up.

DO IT!

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    8 laps for me please....
    I will get a sway bar on the bitch and some tires. Should be a good time fucking my brakes up.

DO IT!
    LOL im gonna do it. I gonna order my 8lap ticket for some time in September.

Im looking at getting the CTS-V brake up grade and some UMI swaybars. Since ill need bigger rims anyhow, for the bigger calipers and rotors, it will give me an excuse for new rims. Ive been wanting some ZO6 Rims for my car for awhile and that will give me some better traction for wider rear tires. And whileim under there, might as well put some swaybars in there huh lol And shocks and spings to boot. I need some new shocks anywho. The originals are starting to die on me. the rears mostly.
    So hows this sound for a combo

CTS-V 04-07 / ZO6 Brembo front break upgrade
    Stainless Steel lines (got to anyway for the upgrade)
    Z06 18" Rims
    Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs
    KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks
    UMI Front and Rear Swaybars
    UMI TA with Tunnel brace and DS loop

(KONI and Strano, I KNOW! but those eat up so much money) I DD my car so I need it AFTER i have fun

98' trans am

Well i did have my eye on the new ZR1's motor, but i m not sure if would fit lol I would love an LS3 stuffed under the hood and an Auto 6 with it would be SAWEEEET lol
    there is some talk that the ls9 should fit in the f-bodys without cowl modification..it will be close tho.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    there is some talk that the ls9 should fit in the f-bodys without cowl modification..it will be close tho.
    more info on this pls? talk about a sleeper lol.

(Blows doors off some poor shmucks Lambo)

Lambo: WTF you have in that thing!?!?

Me: it's a factory stock GM LS series V8 (not technically lying)

(Lambo driver)

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    more info on this pls? talk about a sleeper lol.

(Blows doors off some poor shmucks Lambo)

Lambo: WTF you have in that thing!?!?

Me: it's a factory stock GM LS series V8 (not technically lying)

(Lambo driver)
    awhile ago speartech was messing around with a third gen and was able to fit the ls9 easily.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    awhile ago speartech was messing around with a third gen and was able to fit the ls9 easily.
    yeah but 3rd gens had WAY more room under the hood.

98' trans am

yeah but 3rd gens had WAY more room under the hood.
    true ..let me find the link gmpp has done the swap into a 2002 camaro. i have herd mixed stories on what had to happen..some within the project said they had to drop the k member over a inch (sounds absurd considering that is how much you need to do with maggies and the ls9's blower sits very low) another one said they only had to do very slight cowl cutting ...so who really knows

here is the link

here

Red
    98 Trans Am

Alright, ive been slowly compiling a wish list and gathering info about waht i need for th car to be at least "ready" to do a serious lap with out me finding out if USAA wil cover rollover lol.

CURRENT SET UP.
    UMI STB, LCA, PHB, and 2 point SFC. 17" AT Italia Rims with Kumho 245/45zr17
    SLP Lid, MAF sensor, and bellows. K&N filter. MSD wires. NGK TR6ix gaped at .040 . OBX LT Headers, LLP 3" Ypipe with HF cats and a flowmaster Muffler.

So far this is what i plan on doing

CTS-V 04-07 Brembo front break upgrade
    Stainless Steel lines (got to anyway for the upgrade)
    Z06 18"x9.5 Rims all around (Its a DD, unless i get a spare set of rims)
    Vogtland, BMR, or Stranos lowering springs (price is my devil )
    Bilstein or Tokico Shocks (depends on which i find with a better price)
    UMI Front and Rear Swaybars
    UMI TA with Tunnel brace and DS loop
    UMI Adj Panhard rod (that or a Watts Link if i can afford it )
    UMI Lower CA Brakets
    UMI 3 pt SFC (maybe, already got 2 points)
    UMI upper and Lower A arms (maybe, might be over kill, but if i find some, ill get em)
    Rear bumper Diffuser (might help for high speed straights and i think it looks sexy )
    Front splitter (and maybe Side splitter but i need some imputs on these,r these worth it?)
    D/S Rotors
    Hawks HPS Pads (again, im a DD with SOME track action. I might consider the plus pads)
    DOT4 Brake Fluid
    Mobil 10w30 (maybe and only for race day and then change it back out later.
    New powersteering fluid (maybe a cooler to huh?)
    Oil cooler (a sandwich style should be cool right? or at least a cooling tank? ya / na?)
    Tranny fluid is new (royal purple), Coolant is new (green lol), Rear end is new (Castrol w/additive)
    AND A TUNE! still havnt done this yet since the header install yet (slaps wrist)

Hows this for a start?

(KONI and Strano, I KNOW! but those eat up so much money) I DD my car so I need it AFTER i have fun

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

While I LOVE UMI stuff.....get the Strano swaybars if you can swing it.
    As well as the Koni's (with ANY springs). They are the best for a street car and have a lifetime warranty.

Red
    98 Trans Am

WHy the stranos swaybars? I know some are adjustable, what does that do exactly?

98' trans am

WHy the stranos swaybars? I know some are adjustable, what does that do exactly?
    it is common for people to over stiffen their car with swaybars...a lot of people go for gigantic mm sway bars and leads to some bad characteristics durring heavy cornering....the adj. sway bars allow you to when you want..go with a drag style sway bar for the back..and then a good performance sway other times...."in strano we trust"

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information