Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corvette info

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    my freind has a vette for sale right now to me only its a white 99 frc w/ 80 k miles and after market wheels that he let me and my wife pick from corvettes of houston a couple of yrs ago he will sell it for 14k. it sits since he bought his 03 vert and told me a long time ago i had first dibs but my hawk is becoming hard to part with so i think im going to pass.good luck with your search .
    Im confused, is he selling it to anyone but only you for that price? or is he selling it to anyone for that price just gave first dibs to you?

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

I would highly recommend picking up the latest edition of the Corvette Black Book. It will give you details as to the various options and productions numbers for every year Corvette.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by sskid View Post
    Is there any year to be weary of? , for example was there any problems say in the 97 that were worked out in later models.
    If your going to keep it stock then any year will do. But i've seen problems with the 97's ecu not likeing to be programed. No matter what year you get the best mod you can do is an intake, these poor cars are starving for air.

Satin Silver Metallic
    2007 Corvette Z06

FWIW, I own a 97, that I gave 15,xxx for last April. It had 80k on the clock when I bought it, it has close to 90k now. I'm the fifth owner, so I'm sure its had its share of knicks and bruises over the years, but its been trouble free for almost a year. No major issues at all. Only the common Oil Pressure Sending Unit inop. I just put a MTI G1 (228/232) cam in it with a tune (pcm programmed fine), so if it has issues in the future, I'd probably blame it on that. I changed all the fluids when I first got it and I didn't find anything for concern.

Most of the "expensive" c5 issues are electrical, and if you clean the grounds, you won't have those. They only get expensive if you take it to the dealer for electrical troubleshooting.

You can find info for almost any fix (or mod) at corvetteforum.com

My theory is that they paid a little closer attention to how things went together on the 97 models. There weren't that many 97 models produced.

The fit and finish is unreal for a 11 year old GM car.

One caveat: I don't know that I would buy and older vette as a daily driver and primary vehicle. They just don't lend themselves to that duty.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by jedblanks View Post
    FWIW, I own a 97, that I gave 15,xxx for last April. It had 80k on the clock when I bought it, it has close to 90k now. I'm the fifth owner, so I'm sure its had its share of knicks and bruises over the years, but its been trouble free for almost a year. No major issues at all. Only the common Oil Pressure Sending Unit inop. I just put a MTI G1 (228/232) cam in it with a tune (pcm programmed fine), so if it has issues in the future, I'd probably blame it on that. I changed all the fluids when I first got it and I didn't find anything for concern.

Most of the "expensive" c5 issues are electrical, and if you clean the grounds, you won't have those. They only get expensive if you take it to the dealer for electrical troubleshooting.

You can find info for almost any fix (or mod) at corvetteforum.com

My theory is that they paid a little closer attention to how things went together on the 97 models. There weren't that many 97 models produced.

The fit and finish is unreal for a 11 year old GM car.

One caveat: I don't know that I would buy and older vette as a daily driver and primary vehicle. They just don't lend themselves to that duty.
    I'm sure not all have that problem but if you ever have one now you know what it could be. I had a 97 from new and after a while fixed it up and programed it and it just wouldn't take well. A while later i traded in for the new 99 i still have. I wish i would of known of the forum last year, i did have a problem with something electrical, it totally freaked the car out, reduced performance & none of the gauges would work and even the windows wouldn't roll down & no a/c or heat either.. I took it to Mossy because Levis down here wouldn't even look at it till a month later, Mossy said come now, it did take them a day or two to find them and they did, it cost me about a 1k. Since then i've never had a problem.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by sskid View Post
    Im confused, is he selling it to anyone but only you for that price? or is he selling it to anyone for that price just gave first dibs to you?
    im sorry to say thats just my price any one can have it for 16 but he would probably take 15,5 if you were to haggle.

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Oh ok, I see. Ill keep it in mind for when my truck sells

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

My 1st Vette was a 97 I bought in 99. Great car, never had any problems with it. Good luck!

hey t-rock im really interested in the frc. Does your friend have pics u can post?

torch red
    99 c5

I know this is not the for sale section but i have a corvette for sale. Its a 2001 millenium yellow couple, automatic, 66000 miles, only mod is exhaust i like the rumble, its a z51, heads up display, complete car fax, new brakes, nice clean car, Its actually my girlfriends. Engine bay is immaculate, interior is great except the passenger side floor mat has been changed to a piece of crap one..lol so you might need a new one of them. The car also has an h.i.d headlight kit installed along with h.i.d foglamps. Let me know if interested i can send pics. 22,000 firm.. thats what she owes.

Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

alright bro i can tell you from both sides of the fence since I just sold my lightly modded 2001 Z28 and bought a 2002 EB Z06 and it's the shit! I looked around for a minute and picked up a one owner, immaculant, i mean sexy ass condition with a big brake set up. Flawless inside and out and I got it for just under $24k. But if that's too far out of your budget keep your eyes peeled for a FCR like a lot have said, they're beautiful and I'm partial to the look! You can probably find a good price on one with under 60k miles for 18k or so, just look but that'd be a great choice and you'd love it.

Thread Information