Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Not many people who had a 4th gen give a crap about IRS. Live axle didn't hurt the mustang sales at all. One thing they forgot to add to the wish list was looks. Yes some people liked it but it took very few peoples breath away. So much so that they had to update it 3 years later to try and fix the horrible looking rearnend mainly. The blind spots are bigger than big foots dick and the added weight of the car almost made the extra horsepower a moot point. Once again GM plans to address that with the next gen camaro.

All that being said the 4ths gens were plagued with their share of problems and we still love them and they have a huge following. I am sure the 5th gens will have a following as well because they are still good bang for buck cars but they are definately not without flaws.
    Ok so you don't like the look,to each his own.

I was a hater at first,the sleek sexy 4th to this big heavy barge but this thing is like a Linebacker in Football big and strong but a lot quicker than it looks.

Then I test drove one and went WTF,it was like going from an LT1 powered 4th to an LS car you couldn't really feel the power difference it came on so smooth an linear.

The blind spots are no worse than a 4th Gen.

The 4th Gen got refreshed after 5 yrs and got a great engine change to the LS1,the 5th got changed for the Z/28 introduction.

Say what you want but stock for stock these tanks are faster in the 1/4 than a 4th Gen and the 4 piston Brembo's haul her down with no drama.

You may want to check the Mustangs sales since 2009,Ford really had to pick up their game because this car was so great and sold so well.

GM is selling 100,000 or more a year so it can't be that hideous

A lot of people give me compliments on it and its very rare to have a day go by not getting one.
    2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS A6
    1999 TA A4 NBM
    12.265 at 110.52mph

NBM
    1999 TA A4

BTW I was really pissed because there was no Pontiac TA and that's all I had driven since 1988.

I traded my 1980 Z28 for a 1978 403 TA SE Bandit and fell in love with the better equipped Ponchos.

So I had that brand preference to overcome as well.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

this blew up pretty fast

Thanks to my grandfather (like, huge thanks), when I was a little kid he invested money in Apple and other stocks before they were big for my birthdays (in my name), meaning I have a good amount of money saved up for a house or condo. i'm not too worried about that. Again tho, getting a house is dependent on my new job (which looks incredible, I might add. if you've been to topgolf before i'm sure you'd know).

You've all opened my eyes a little bit. Besides the financial situation I already have an idea about, I'd love a 2014 style 5th gen over the 09 style (is that when it came back?), but if the savings are tremendous buying a car from last year..idk

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    this blew up pretty fast

Thanks to my grandfather (like, huge thanks), when I was a little kid he invested money in Apple and other stocks before they were big for my birthdays (in my name), meaning I have a good amount of money saved up for a house or condo. i'm not too worried about that. Again tho, getting a house is dependent on my new job (which looks incredible, I might add. if you've been to topgolf before i'm sure you'd know).

You've all opened my eyes a little bit. Besides the financial situation I already have an idea about, I'd love a 2014 style 5th gen over the 09 style (is that when it came back?), but if the savings are tremendous buying a car from last year..idk
    I bought mine used last April with 12k miles on it for 26k.

I was looking for a 2SS/RS Silver Ice Metallic A6 with Charcoal Rally Stripes and no sunroof or BU camera,my buddy Ray owns a car lot called the Camaro Shop and when he picked one up at the auction he gave me a call.

Get a used one with low miles and let someone else take the depreciation hit.

These things hold their value well and I could get what I paid for it last year tommorow if I wanted to.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    The 6 th gen Camaro will debut next January most likely and if you don't like them you will still be able to get a 2015 Camaro in the meantime till the 2016 comes out or a slightly used 2014.
    I doubt its ready on time,has anyone even seen a spy shot?

red
    95 Z28

I don't know if mentioned it, but if you're going to do this, get a 1LE. You get a lot more car for not a lot more money.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Word is they have them looking like Cadillac ATS mules right now. While Camaro 5 is a crappy forum (lots sponsor leg humping and so much bad tech info it's not funny) they are Camaro crazy and pretty much any info they have gotten on the 6th gen has been pretty close. They have a entire forum section dedicated to the 6th gen and lots of them either are tied to gm or work for them. January is when the next detroit auto show is so seems likely they would debut it then since GM typically debuts most of their new models then. I don't remember too many C7 spy photos popping up till right before the Detroit show.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i just thought the RS package was cool, and 1LE was pretty expensive for buying "new". Maybe once used takes its toll, I can afford one off a bank loan or something. Who knows, we'll see. Then there's that question about the 6th gen; do I wait.

C7 was hidden very well from the public, until jalopnik released that sketch a few weeks before official reveal.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Looks wise gm has confirmed it will an evolution of the 5th gen. Not an all new design.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    Ok so you don't like the look,to each his own.

I was a hater at first,the sleek sexy 4th to this big heavy barge but this thing is like a Linebacker in Football big and strong but a lot quicker than it looks.

Then I test drove one and went WTF,it was like going from an LT1 powered 4th to an LS car you couldn't really feel the power difference it came on so smooth an linear.

The blind spots are no worse than a 4th Gen.

The 4th Gen got refreshed after 5 yrs and got a great engine change to the LS1,the 5th got changed for the Z/28 introduction.

Say what you want but stock for stock these tanks are faster in the 1/4 than a 4th Gen and the 4 piston Brembo's haul her down with no drama.

You may want to check the Mustangs sales since 2009,Ford really had to pick up their game because this car was so great and sold so well.

GM is selling 100,000 or more a year so it can't be that hideous

A lot of people give me compliments on it and its very rare to have a day go by not getting one.
    I like the car from certain angles. I do not totally hate the look but as I said it didn't really wow anyone. Sure people like it or think it looks good but no one I have spoken to on or offline has really been wowed by it. I drove a a 2010 auto SS for a week. The speed didn't wow me either although that was an auto. And yes the blind spots are worse compared to cars with huge hatch windows like the 4th gens.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I like the car from certain angles. I do not totally hate the look but as I said it didn't really wow anyone. Sure people like it or think it looks good but no one I have spoken to on or offline has really been wowed by it. I drove a a 2010 auto SS for a week. The speed didn't wow me either although that was an auto. And yes the blind spots are worse compared to cars with huge hatch windows like the 4th gens.
    Well the #'s don't lie stock for stock the 5th wins and the sales #'s don't lie either.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Well the #'s don't lie stock for stock the 5th wins and the sales #'s don't lie either.
    Lol have you seen the shit that people buy in this country? Sales numbers mean very little to me. Hell mids 90s mustangs sold like hotcakes and they were slow, poorly built and IMO pretty ugly.

I am not saying that the 5th gen doesn't edge out of the 4th gen in 1/4mile with equal drivers. Which is why I said the added weight ALMOST makes the extra horsepower a moot point.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Something i'd like to add to this conversation:

Is it true that my car today (02 WS6) is as fast (if not faster) than a 2014 camaro ss? Cause they both have a 0-60 of around 5 seconds and do the QM in low 13's..

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Something i'd like to add to this conversation:

Is it true that my car today (02 WS6) is as fast (if not faster) than a 2014 camaro ss? Cause they both have a 0-60 of around 5 seconds and do the QM in low 13's..

Like Zinergy and Transamtom are already saying.. not a real difference in performance huh? At least I'd have a warranty car :P

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

If your current vehicle is not the same in performance, far less than $40k worth of mods would surely put it there.

And IMHO and nice WS6 looks better than the current car.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Your ws6 shouldnt be too far off in the terms of straight line performance from a new 5th gen th added weight hurts them a good amount. And like said before IF you do the move I would sacrifice the RS package for a 1LE. Not only do you get the satin black hood and wheels but the performance value is hard to beat.

The 1le comes with 27mm sway bars in front and 28mm in back, it gets a 3.91 gear ratio out back, zl1 flat bottom wheel and shifter, zl1 sway bar end links and shock mounts, also a ZL1 fuel pump and bucket to avoid starvation in high lat turns, ZL1 wheel bearings, strut tower brace, a fluid cooling system on the tr6060, beefier half shafts in the rear and not to mention the 10" wide rims out front and 11" out back.

Its a pretty slick package for 3500 bucks. Not to mention its a limited run so you wont see one every day

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

See 1le is great for what it is, but the RS just looks ferocious. I love those LEDs, and it comes with bigger wheels (metallic gray?), a spoiler and something else. And its 1k on top of the price. 1le I think is running me too steep. I'm already in over my head getting a brand new car, give or take 1 year
    2014 Camaro: Check. 2SS: Check. 1LE: Check. 6 Speed manual? CHECK

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

test drove one of these babies at the dealership today. It was a 2014 2SS with RS and 1LE (white, black rims black hood, and finally a 6 speed!). My dad made friends with the owner when he ordered his stingray, so instead of the normal 44+ price tag, we got quoted at 39 or 40. Knock off the 1le and nav and make that around 36-37. Aint life grand?

I really want one, and knowing that this body is only for 2014-15, the value will probably retain better than 13's and below. I got some thinking to do. I could wait for 6th gen, but instead of waiting I could also just buy better air intake and exhaust mods, making it a worthier competitor to the LT1 (which will probably be more expensive no doubt!)

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Your money. Do as you wish. If it were me, I'd be stashing some $$ to restore/further mod current car.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

OK I am not going to talk financial here,this is about the car.

If you buy it you will love it,not to slag 4th Gens but this thing needs to be compared to something else its that different and better.

Just think of everyones wish list for the 4th Gen andl GM put it in the 5th Gen.

Big brakes,independant rear,better interior,build quality,the list goes on.

They talk about perma grin when you buy one and they are correct
    I disagree. I drove a 2012 Camaro (new, in 2012), and was thoroughly disappointed. Major blind spots, no more "grunt" than my 4th gen, and an extra 500+ pounds of crap (20" rims, DVD nav, power this, doo-dad that, etc) to lug around. No thanks.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information