Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well I guess you didn't believe Eagle when he told you about his car and the STOCK clutch working just fine.

Yes a window switch is good for a unexperienced driver with nitrous. No it's not a must. I have NEVER had a window switch on any of my cars and NEVER had a backfire due to missing a gear or hitting the rev limiter in 15 years.

And I also keep the kits on a hand held button NOT on a WOT switch only. The problem with that wiring is you have to get off the throttle to turn the nitrous off. If you car is getting out of shape the worse thing you can do is unload the suspension. You need to drive through it and keep the car under full throttle and just release the button with your thumb. I would just wire a WOT switch is series with a hand held micro switch or even a shifter handle with a built in micro.

We haven't had the best luck with the Ram clutches out here in the heat.And for a twin disc they are all copies of the McLeod Steer Twin that has been around for 7 years now.

I would highly recommend a McLeod if you plan on spending any where near $500.

A Walbro 255 pump can be bought for $100. A set of AR 94 plugs for $25. Don't waste your time with the NGK TR6 plugs they are NO comparison to the AutoLites as you can see!

Depending on brand and weather it's new or not you can get a complete kit for $500-900. A bottle heater is helpful but not necessary also.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Bright Rally Red
    01 Camaro SS M6

LS2Tuner, is that how the AR 94's come? And what do you gap them to or check them against? It would seem that for a street car they would foul out quick due to the style of the ground strap. I am due for some new plugs and just might try these out.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

The strap actually aids in NOT fouling. You just need to use a regular feeler guage and you go at a 45* angle. I would gap them @ .038 if 150 or less. Anything higher we run AR93's @ .034-.028 depending on shot.

I have them (AR94's) in many customers street cars and haven't had any issue yet in the last 3-4 years. And honestly I pull them on regular basis @ the track looking for pepper.........

I have seen many cars be able to add timing after going from the NGK's to a real race style plug. Did you notice how much thicker the housing itself is?
    Can you imagine the heat difference in the two..........................................

Bright Rally Red
    01 Camaro SS M6

Yeah, I couldn't believe how much thinker the housing is....and how much wider the ground strap is too. I will give them a shot (no pun intended) Thanks for sharing the info!

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

i Put a down payment on a 2001 ws6 m6 today. Ill be picking it up this next weekend i cant wait. its not that i dont believe eagle i was getting everyones opinion. I want to start off with a window switch because i dont have experience with running nitrous. im going to start off at a 75 shot and on. to get the hang of it.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

How many miles are on this car?

You can do a little cleaning on the stock clutch with some brake clean which will aid since it is soooo enclosed. I usually disable the ignition through the fuse box and place the car high on some jack stands. Spray in the small opening and look out....... It will stain the driveway so put a drain pan. Then I will bump the motor over to rotate the clutch some. Usually use 2 complete cans of brake clean.

Also do your self a huge favor and go to the local junk yard and get a pair of used V-6 rear springs. It will make night and day difference in how the car hooks on the street.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

The car has 57,000 miles on it. pewter.Got the car for $13,800 it has a Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter also a offroad Y-pipe and a dynomax bullet muffler. otherwise everything else is stock. I love it tho.

Only reason i was iffy on with putting a 100-150 shot on a stock clutch was thati use to own a 2000 ws6 m6 i broke one stock clutch and i put a centerforce clutch in it and kept the stock flywheel and it broke also and the car was stock. but also i was young it was the car i learned how to drive a manual in.. This was 5 years ago. but i feel alot better about it now ill start with a low shot and move myself up.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by krug07 View Post
    The car has 57,000 miles on it. pewter.Got the car for $13,800 it has a Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter also a offroad Y-pipe and a dynomax bullet muffler. otherwise everything else is stock. I love it tho.

Only reason i was iffy on with putting a 100-150 shot on a stock clutch was thati use to own a 2000 ws6 m6 i broke one stock clutch and i put a centerforce clutch in it and kept the stock flywheel and it broke also and the car was stock. but also i was young it was the car i learned how to drive a manual in.. This was 5 years ago. but i feel alot better about it now ill start with a low shot and move myself up.
    Yeah CenterForce is NOT a choice of mine by any means!

The first thing I would do before you install ANY kit is a complete compression test of ALL cylinders to check out what your starting with.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

do you have any idea how much it cost to run a compression test on my cyliders? also when it comes to tunning do you have to get a tune with a small shot like 75shot. reason i ask this i saw on other sites saying you dont have to on lower shots.. im plannig on getting a tune for the shot i want to run 150shot. but just curious if you can run small shots without one. how much is a tune i explained how much the one i found $700. i live in tulsa oklahoma.. thanks guys very much for all the help and all my newbie questions

Pewter
    2002 WS6

IF the car is running stock timing 75, even 100 is no problem. Getting past that you need to make timing adjustments and be able to monitor KR (knock retard) to make sure that you have enough timing pulled out.

IF the car has even the faintest possibility that its been tuned before (aka: timing is turned up) be sure to have it tuned when you put the spray on it. You could also go straight to the 150 at that point and have it tuned correctly for that much juice.

Have fun and good luck.

-Eagle

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

do you have any idea how much it cost to run a compression test on my cyliders? also when it comes to tunning do you have to get a tune with a small shot like 75shot. reason i ask this i saw on other sites saying you dont have to on lower shots.. im plannig on getting a tune for the shot i want to run 150shot. but just curious if you can run small shots without one. how much is a tune i explained how much the one i found $700. i live in tulsa oklahoma.. thanks guys very much for all the help and all my newbie questions
    You could order a Diablo and tune it yourself with some help from me or someone else.

On the compression test ? I do all that myself. Do you have any friends that work at a shop that has a lift? If so have them hit there boss up to see if you buy him a case of beer or kick him $20 bucks you guys could use the lift for a while after they close one night.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

yeah i just found a Diablo. for $288 not bad. yeah that would be really cool of you to help me threw it when the time comes. i gotta buy a few more things for the car like fuel pump,plugs,diablo. then save up to get the nx kit with everything i have installed. no i dont know anyone that has a shop ill look around tho

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

yeah i just found a Diablo. for $288 not bad. yeah that would be really cool of you to help me threw it when the time comes. i gotta buy a few more things for the car like fuel pump,plugs,diablo. then save up to get the nx kit with everything i have installed. no i dont know anyone that has a shop ill look around tho
    Yeah I would hit up all your friends to see if maybe one of there friends you don't know works somewhere that has a lift.
    That sounds like a good price on the Diablo just make sure it isn't already locked to another VIN. It will cost you around a $100 to get it unlocked specially if the owner registered it on their site. I have gotten lucky a couple times and talked my way into getting them unlocked for free but that won't happen if it was registered to someone else.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

after i tune my car with the Diablo turner and have it set for running my nitrous does it take power away from running the car just motor without nitrous sense your pulling timing?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Unless you buy the HSW auto timing retard gizmo, you won't get to run two different timing sets. So YES, if you're running a tune setup for nitrous with some timing pulled out you will lose some power.

-Eagle

Black
    99 Formula

A4best bet with N2O, window switch best thing you can do with stick, i had a 125 dry shot on my M6 formula for four years with tons of passes at the track with no window switch and a couple of miss shifts, i was lucky and never had more than a bent pushrod. I put TNT wet kit with 150 shot and hot damm what a differance. I did put a window sw in. Burnt stock clutch out drag racing very fast, before i even sprayed car, Burnt Z06 clutch out in one year of racing, flattened pressure plate. Have had spec stage 3 for 3 years now still holding up great, litlte heavy in traffic. M6 brutal on rear, A4 not nearly as hard on it. Just routed my purge to spray out of the nostrills of hood today. Wife was standing in front of car and asked how it worked so i sprayed her. Im in trouble now. Looks cool as hell though

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

i think im going to run the 100shot for awhile and if i feel like i want more ill get it tunned to run the 150shot. is it really hard to get traction with a 100shot with street tires? if so is it better to start at a roll? also what rpms should i set on the window switch? also when you pull timming is there a big change in power when your not running nitrous. i kno it matters on how big of shot you are wanting to know how much time you gotta pull . for a 150shot is what i mean.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

sorry for all the newbie questions im just trying to learn everything i can.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

i think im going to run the 100shot for awhile and if i feel like i want more ill get it tunned to run the 150shot. is it really hard to get traction with a 100shot with street tires? if so is it better to start at a roll? also what rpms should i set on the window switch? also when you pull timming is there a big change in power when your not running nitrous. i kno it matters on how big of shot you are wanting to know how much time you gotta pull . for a 150shot is what i mean.
    I wouldnt spray outta the hole. Dont hit the spray until your at 3000 rpms ....and a few hundred rpm's below your rev limiter is a good idea.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

I set my window switch to 2400-6200 (low as it would go) and launching with the M6 put me right at that mark so I was spraying out of the hole no issues. If your tune is safe you CAN do it.

Thread Information