Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Subscribed!

Pewter
    '00 SS

Me too
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

The headliner was good but damaged it when I was taking it out. Luckily though the car came with a new one.
    There are some things you just can't test in a white lab coat.

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

Last summer after I got the new sheet metal welded in I went and had it sand blasted to unveil anything else. Of course there were small areas but nothing too big, just a small area in the drivers floor.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like you do nice work with good attention to detail.

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

Here are more after it got sand blasted

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVELLE of JONESY View Post
    The good stuff is coming, I dont want to spoil the surprise for you but I will say its gen 4 and I have one more gear.
    you big tease!!!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^^ Man o man thats gonna be one bad mutha!!!.....My friend had a 66 and i always liked it! Then again i like too many too list but the 66 and 67 are on that list!! Its lookin good Jonsey........

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

I think we all have too many to list. Only if we could all will the lottery or have high six-figure jobs we could fill our garages with all of that horsepower..................oh crap, was I dreaming again?

This was the one car I always wanted when I was a kid and I feel very fortunate to have been able to buy one despite all of the unknowns, but I feel I saved it from the wrecker. One of these days I will be able to roll with all you guys.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVELLE of JONESY View Post
    I think we all have too many to list. Only if we could all will the lottery or have high six-figure jobs we could fill our garages with all of that horsepower..................oh crap, was I dreaming again?

This was the one car I always wanted when I was a kid and I feel very fortunate to have been able to buy one despite all of the unknowns, but I feel I saved it from the wrecker. One of these days I will be able to roll with all you guys.
    True ...you hit the nail on the head I think we all dreamed as kids that one day we`d have cool fast shiny cars..at least i did! I remember bugging the hell out of my parents to buy me this dune buggy that they had @ Sears ha ah yeah i was like 9 years old AND we live in the suburbs and i remember ""borrowing'' the family cars @ 13 .... Never ever wrecked But i did get caught by the P`s so.... They told me to have patience and wait and someday if i work hard enough ill get the car of my dreams, and i do!!!..Yes their are faster more exotic expensive cars but for now with what i can afford i couldnt be happier!!! I LOVE MY SS.......THE END awwwww!!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

It's a rule at my house - I've always got to have at least one "toy" in the garage. Usually it's more than one. I've had quite a few cars over the years, but the WS.6 I've had for the longest period of time. At some point I'll probably add a classic to the garage again. There's nothing quite like classic muscle, or hot rods. I miss my '23 T-bucket, so I may go that direction. I always appreciate the work someone puts into their car though, and it looks like your car will be amazing when finished. Keep up the good work! And keep posting pics!

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

After I got the drivers side floor repaired I focused on making the transmission fit properly. I picked up Tremec TKOII with very low miles on it and have it attached to a Quick Time SFI approved bellhousing with a Hurst short throw shifter.

I then fabbed up the pieces to build the new tunnel and shifter feed through.

I began installing some of the dash and interior pieces so I could make sure everything was going to fit correctly.
    My car did not come with any gauges other than the speedo and fuel gauge so I hand made a bracket to house some after market vitals.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Very nicely done!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah lookin' good. I can see the picture dates are getting close to today's dates. Keep teasing us about the engine. Sure was a massive overkill with the Turbo 400 behind the little 283, that's like putting a 9" in an S-10 pickup with a 4.3!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Agreed. Very nicely done. The gauges too

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

Well, I believe its time to start getting into the power supply.

I won an Ebay bid from Katech for a used LS2 block which has never seen the street and has only spent its time in a controlled environment as a dyno motor.

Next came a brand new pair of LS3 heads from Pace Performance, BRP Hotrods motor mounts, Corvette accessory drive and the LS3 intake, but only for mock up.

After doing a bunch of research it seems no one has anything bad to say about Nick Williams TB's. I bought their 102mm cable throttle body from Thunder Racing and it is truly a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I will get a FAST LSXr 102 intake once I do the final assembly, the factory intake port is way too small.

Griffin Radiators makes a direct replacement for Chevelle's with an LS motor and I also installed a Flex-a-Lite 16" Syclone fan with my own homemade custom brackets with rubber insulation.

Also purchased from BRP Hotrods are a set of Hedman Hussler ceramic coated long tube 1 7/8 headers. These things are friggin badass.

I am currently working on the trunk and trying to figure out a custom induction system. As soon as I have pieces installed I will post more, but for now I think I am up to date on where I am at in the build. I will try to get some more pics posted sometime this week and thank you all for the additional push and encouragement because from time to time projects like this fight you and you want to give up, or at least not look at it for awhile. As I said before, this is the one car I have wanted since I was about 14 so my passion for the hobby and love for my Chevelle will not allow me to give up or fail. I can't wait to post more for everyone.
    Last edited by CHEVELLE of JONESY; 07-22-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Cant wait to see more!! AND the finished project!!......................................... .......

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Truly a thing of beauty, Landon! That radiator and fan assembly is cool too. You do nice work. This is going to be one very special Chevelle. I'm envious... Thanks for taking the time to post your progress with us. We'll all stay tuned for sure

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Truly a thing of beauty, Landon! That radiator and fan assembly is cool too. You do nice work. This is going to be one very special Chevelle. I'm envious... Thanks for taking the time to post your progress with us. We'll all stay tuned for sure
    »1!

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

I finally got finished (actually mostly finished) with my induction system, at least the portion in the engine bay. It is a 4" system coming through the inner fenders going through a Spectre filter housing and up to the TB. The lower portion under the car is still being figured out, but here some up to date pics. I would have had this finished and posted weeks ago but work has been a total mother and I have been working tons of OT.

You can also see I have installed a Meziere Overflow Tank with some brackets I fab'ed up.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information