Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    thats not oil's fault..that is because american's dont have enough money to to buy the wants...after they pig themselves on the wants.."damn i dont have enough money to fill up my tank..but at least i payed my permium package cable bill with 10000 channels that i only watch 10 channels of." the fact that we only pay $5 more at fill up isnt that bad...and dont blame the housing crisis on oil.
    very good post

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

thats not oil's fault..that is because american's dont have enough money to to buy the wants...after they pig themselves on the wants.."damn i dont have enough money to fill up my tank..but at least i payed my permium package cable bill with 10000 channels that i only watch 10 channels of." the fact that we only pay $5 more at fill up isnt that bad...and dont blame the housing crisis on oil.
    you don't get it... it is clear you don't know how the economy works...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    very good post
    horrible post... a clueless post even... has no one read my previous posts... does any one understand even te basics on how the economy works?

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

you know i really dont get into this stuff to much. when all else fails the economy takes care of it's self. its a cycle of shit but oh well, im not moving to brazil to get away from it. i run a company right now with a deisel truck. its 4.15 a gallon, yeah it suck so i charge my customers more.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

you know i really dont get into this stuff to much. when all else fails the economy takes care of it's self. its a cycle of shit but oh well, im not moving to brazil to get away from it. i run a company right now with a deisel truck. its 4.15 a gallon, yeah it suck so i charge my customers more.
    right... but that is the problem... every thing else is not going up in price along with that...

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    right... but that is the problem... every thing else is not going up in price along with that...
    here in texas its bad because everything is really cheap. but in cali its deferent. they dont care as much. their house note is 5x mine for the same house. so an extra 5-10 bucks for a fill up is not that bad. it all depends where your at. hell gas is $7+ in england

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

here in texas its bad because everything is really cheap. but in cali its deferent. they dont care as much. their house note is 5x mine for the same house. so an extra 5-10 bucks for a fill up is not that bad. it all depends where your at. hell gas is $7+ in england
    right... but the problem is that people are less inclinded to buy things because they now cost more... you work in realty and know that people are just not buying houses these days... even though there are lower rates and the prices of houses are at an all time low... that is just one example...

also the gas of england being $7.00 is not a problem... their dollar value is double what ours is... so comparativly speaking.. they pay the same amount that we pay...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

horrible post... a clueless post even... has no one read my previous posts... does any one understand even te basics on how the economy works?
    I know enough that i know the economy takes alot longer then a few months to fail..all these economic woes have been brewing for alot longer then when gas hit $3 a gallon..and it didnt all of a sudden go into crash mode..that is ridiculous to think that. The only reason why people bitch sooo much about gas prices is because of change. So gas goes up..and prices on products go up...ok so you adjust..Its funny how in times of need people freak the hell out when the obvious solution is to cut back. Instead of buying 5 cases of bottled water a month..use the damn tap water..save some money..the fact that increases in prices throws people in to these tizzies is a testament to how wasteful we actually are with our money. The saying..save some for a rainy day would really come in handy..but no..what is the first thing people do when they have some extra money in their pocket? do they throw it into savings? or save it for some extra money for grocery shopping? no...they go rent movies..buy toys ...and spend shit on wants ...that is the problem ...its not that prices went up..the price amounts are not out of reach for the american people.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I know enough that i know the economy takes alot longer then a few months to fail..all these economic woes have been brewing for alot longer then when gas hit $3 a gallon..and it didnt all of a sudden go into crash mode..that is ridiculous to think that. The only reason why people bitch sooo much about gas prices is because of change. So gas goes up..and prices on products go up...ok so you adjust..Its funny how in times of need people freak the hell out when the obvious solution is to cut back. Instead of buying 5 cases of bottled water a month..use the damn tap water..save some money..the fact that increases in prices throws people in to these tizzies is a testament to how wasteful we actually are with our money. The saying..save some for a rainy day would really come in handy..but no..what is the first thing people do when they have some extra money in their pocket? do they throw it into savings? or save it for some extra money for grocery shopping? no...they go rent movies..buy toys ...and spend shit on wants ...that is the problem ...its not that prices went up..the price amounts are not out of reach for the american people.
    whoa... not even close...

98' trans am

right... but the problem is that people are less inclinded to buy things because they now cost more... you work in realty and know that people are just not buying houses these days... even though there are lower rates and the prices of houses are at an all time low... that is just one example...

also the gas of england being $7.00 is not a problem... their dollar value is double what ours is... so comparativly speaking.. they pay the same amount that we pay...
    they pay the equvilent of 11 bucks or more over there..yea the currency is worth more..but that doesnt mean 1 person working the same job in england gets 36,000 EU while the person in the us gets 36,000 us dollars.

98' trans am

whoa... not even close...
    well then..tell me why the us economy can not withstand a 50 cent increase in gas? tell me how the economy works..since i guess its this house of straw

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I know enough that i know the economy takes alot longer then a few months to fail..
    1933 (i think) was the great depression... a few months is all it takes...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

well then..tell me why the us economy can not withstand a 50 cent increase in gas? tell me how the economy works..since i guess its this house of straw
    because it is not a $0.50 increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

it's more than $2.00 a gal increase...

when you do groceries tell me if the price's on food has increased... the answer is no... in your paycheck have you seen an increase of pay since the company you work for now has increased revenue due to the higher fuel surcharge? no... that is the problem...

98' trans am

1933 (i think) was the great depression... a few months is all it takes...
    what were the circumstances..i believe it had to do with people buying on credit ..and spending outside their means...boundaries..a word most americans know nothing about.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Folks bringing up the European cost of fuel also need to understand their public transportation system over there as compared to ours over here. Our need to drive cars to get places is much greater then theirs is.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

what were the circumstances..i believe it had to do with people buying on credit ..and spending outside their means...boundaries..a word most americans know nothing about.
    had to do with the stock market mostly...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I agree with you there. Many in this country spend themselves into dept.

98' trans am

because it is not a $0.50 increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

it's more than $2.00 a gal increase...

when you do groceries tell me if the price's on food has increased... the answer is no... in your paycheck have you seen an increase of pay since the company you work for now has increased revenue due to the higher fuel surcharge? no... that is the problem...
    why would my pay increase if companies are spending more? no of course not

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I agree with you there. Many in this country spend themselves into dept.
    99% do that... when some one takes out a mortgage, car loan, etc ect... not much has changed...

98' trans am

had to do with the stock market mostly...
    yea but what fuels the stock market? companies..when everything was being bought on credit....credit is not a good currency..almost no money was being exchanged...companies cant pay employees on credit..so then companies start to lose out ..then it leads to companies laying off or going under..then those employees have no money to pay off what is owed ..and bam!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information