Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by delinquent543
    anyone have any experience with brembo rotors and/or brakes?

I have the OE Brembo rotors all around, metal master pads up front, hawks out back. NEVER GET METAL MASTERS. They dust like a motherfucker and squeak like a sick bitch. As far as performing goes, they are just as good as the OEM replacement.

Only thing I would do differently is to get Hawks all around.

Metal masters....jesus, what the fuck was I thinking.

Oh yeah, reason why I didnt get drilled was cuz of the crack thing and slotted I didnt get cuz, well, can you re-surface slotted rotors?

P.S. Since Powerslot has decent prices, I WAS going to go with the slotted/drilled combo ones..BUT. If you read carefully, the drilled holes are for LOOKS rather than performance.
    Last edited by AKIRA; 10-10-2005 at 10:24 AM.

lt11le
    I drilled my stock rotors and they work great!?!?
    this is just a joke and don't try it at home....LOL

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Anyone put a Baer GT+ kit on the front?

Black
    2002 Camaro

I have to agree with the Sarge on this topic.... I speak from experience also and I will tell you that all cross-drilled rotors I have ever used have had seriouse issues with cracking. If you want something fancy for the daily street go with something that is slotted and not cross-drilled. I personal just bought a set of Powerslots for my 02' Z28, I now own 5 sets for 5 different vehicles and I have never had a problem with them. The zinc plating they give you is awsome for corrosion protection!!! As far as pads go I am running VGX Semi-Metalic Carbon pads. I love them!!!! They are smooth, guiet, and really can stop on a dime.
    Ps... The powerslots look awsome if you have an opened up rim design

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

cross drilled rotors suck but powerslots make a dimpled and slotted rotor which are great

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Anyone put a Baer GT+ kit on the front?
    I have the Baer GT+ kit on my 2K WS6 with the 2-pc Eradispeed rotors and the Baer 1-pc on the rear using Hawk HPS pads. No problem with warping after 2 years.

I previously had the Powerslot rotors with GM Durastop & Raybestos Quiet Stop pads - nothing wrong with that setup either. Actually I liked these pads over the Hawks - very low dusting on all types, but the Hawks seem to break in much differently (at least the way I'm using them). Next time I'll go back to the GM/Raybestos pads.

One thing I didn't like about the Baer kit was the fact I was told by Baer they would fit with the 17" TTII's (I know, I should have used the template to check for myself) Guess what - the inner bulge out of the wheel right behind the spokes locks up solid on the leading edge of the caliper fins. Found this out after already modding my spindles for the Baer kit - so couldn't stop at that point. Had to grind off the leading edge of all caliper fins to clear. Of course that removed the powdercoating so I had to touch that up with paint.

On top of that the front nose of both bottom control arms had a rather large weld that hit the backside of the rotor braking surface (another nicety that was not in the instructions) Had to grind the welds flush around the nose on both sides.

Besides those problems everything else has been peachy with the baer setup

BTW, the T/A is actually the 1st car I have owned that seems to have the brake bias between front and rear fairly good. My rear pads wear almost the same amount as the fronts - which means the rear brakes must actually be doing something. All other cars I have/had still have the factory rear brake pads/shoes on them after years and years but the fronts I need to change every year. Means to me that the rears on most cars do almost nothing other than help 'slow' the car.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Ceramic pads

Anyone every tried these? I think they work good...and NO brake dust !!

Autozone rotors are excellent and the price can't be beat

Autozone rotors are excellent and the price can't be beat. Drilled and slotted are only eye candy. If you want to barke better upgrade the brake lines to satinless steel. This is an excellent brake upgrade, one the ACTUALLY decreases stopping distance.

pewter
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BBATCAR
    I have Baer Rotors in the front, after 3 rotor replacements (different from Baer) because of warping. I have never had a problem with Baer Eradispeed and would recommend them... 15,000 miles so far and Baer have worked great for me...
    I also have Baer Eradispeed rotors, front and rear, with Hawk pads. Absolutely NO issues after more than 10,000 miles of "enthusiastic" city driving. They bite really hard, and look good too.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

okay so is there a consensus on this board about rotors?
    mine are warped again and I need to replace them SOON.
    powerslots sound good but who sells them cheapest?
    Steve
    1998 Black Z28 Pro 5.0 shifter, Borla Catback, DirectFlo Lid, !CAGS

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RaSScal
    Autozone rotors are excellent and the price can't be beat. Drilled and slotted are only eye candy. If you want to barke better upgrade the brake lines to satinless steel. This is an excellent brake upgrade, one the ACTUALLY decreases stopping distance.
    Eye candy is GOOD. Especially on a Trans Am.

red
    1999 WS6

I have brembos all around and akebono pads havent had problem in six months

BLACK
    2002, CAMARO Z28

I have Powerslots slotted and dimpled rotors on the front for about 1 and half yrs with no warping. I have hawk pads and they do squeak some but the braking is good. Before the Powerslots my rotors would warp in 3k miles. The stock ones twice and Autozones 2 twice.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

i just bought a complete set of Brembo rotors w/ hawk pads, and no problems so far. Very good response so far. I haven't replaced my calipers, but i want to at some point. Baer Eradispeeds are great too. Those were my 2 choices, and i went w/ brembo. good luck
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

anyone ever tried doing the Z06 caliper conversion? I heard doing that was a pretty good setup considering most brakes you buy will warp with the stock calipers. with the Z06 conversion, its a direct bolt on, and you get an extra inch of rotor which as you all know is more stopping power for those of us that have good amounts of power on here.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

If you want the BEST brake rotors and pads have a look see here:
    http://www.sp-performance.com/

Thread Information