98 has no return

green
    98 formula

I checked and it does have the return

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    I checked and it does have the return
    i trained a miniture pink elephant to sneak into formulas, open hoods, and check for returns on fuel rails.
    he said they dont have them. he was under your hood 8 minutes ago.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by transAMchubby View Post
    i trained a miniture pink elephant to sneak into formulas, open hoods, and check for returns on fuel rails.
    he said they dont have them. he was under your hood 8 minutes ago.
    HAHA mine was not stock when I got it so it must have been changed. I thought I saw something pink run by

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    HAHA mine was not stock when I got it so it must have been changed. I thought I saw something pink run by
    yeah, he also said it looked bad ass! i told him to go back and find out ALL the mods so i can build mine to win if we race

Black
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am

The question isn't whether it can be done, but whether it is should be done. Unless your driving an old Chevy truck, the gas tank and fuel lines are outside of the passenger compartment. I had a 3rd Gen autocross car years ago that I ran the fuel lines through the passenger compartment. They wouldn't allow me to run until I removed the lines and ran them outside. Check your local track rules. There's a requirement to place a firewall between the fuel cell and the passenger compartment. Ran into that when I inistalled the fuel cell in my '78 Z28.

Gas in the hatch area is probably a real bad idea. Damn fumes are so combustible.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

^ yeah now hat i think of it, you'd have a bad smelling interior. what if you got 2 tanks that are around 10 gallons and replaced the stock too? you'd have to change the sensors and everything though, it would be a big hassle. basically, unless you plan on hardcore psi from a turbo or nos and go weekly, this probably isn't worth it.

EDIT: actually, if you got one that's only 1 gallon or so you could probably fit it under the car without removing stock. you wouldn't need more than that anyways, unless you planned on a road course day.
    Last edited by Speed Psychosis; 06-08-2008 at 04:40 AM.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by transAMchubby View Post
    yeah, he also said it looked bad ass! i told him to go back and find out ALL the mods so i can build mine to win if we race
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Wraith View Post
    The question isn't whether it can be done, but whether it is should be done. Unless your driving an old Chevy truck, the gas tank and fuel lines are outside of the passenger compartment. I had a 3rd Gen autocross car years ago that I ran the fuel lines through the passenger compartment. They wouldn't allow me to run until I removed the lines and ran them outside. Check your local track rules. There's a requirement to place a firewall between the fuel cell and the passenger compartment. Ran into that when I inistalled the fuel cell in my '78 Z28.

Gas in the hatch area is probably a real bad idea. Damn fumes are so combustible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    ^ yeah now hat i think of it, you'd have a bad smelling interior. what if you got 2 tanks that are around 10 gallons and replaced the stock too? you'd have to change the sensors and everything though, it would be a big hassle. basically, unless you plan on hardcore psi from a turbo or nos and go weekly, this probably isn't worth it.

EDIT: actually, if you got one that's only 1 gallon or so you could probably fit it under the car without removing stock. you wouldn't need more than that anyways, unless you planned on a road course day.
    yeah just build one to beat mine haha

very good points what I was gonna do is put it where the t-tops set and the put metal over the top all fuel lines would be under the car the one gallon cell would probably fit where the battery is dont know if that is leagal though

Thread Information