Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Bad news is that this is an insurance claim. They paid them directly for the hood via check (outch).

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    time to contact your credit card company.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

hmmmm, you may be screwed then since you didn't go with an oem part. Know any lawyers? Might have someone give gravana a call.

Torrid Red
    2004 GTO

thats b/s that they are handling it the way they are, they should stand behind their product no matter what happens. you could report them to the BBB! it may not benefit you in the matter but it MIGHT help potential future customers save some time and money. Unfortunately, someone is going to be the example, and that someone just happens to be you. Even if it takes 6 months to replace the hood, they could at least offer you a refund and have you send the hood back to them. They could just as easily offer to pay for the repairs but again, if you send it back, if not you, the next hood customer is going to be buying a "new" yet repaired hood. as i said before, the shipping company could also be held liable, gravana should be able to claim the damage with the shipper and not be out of pocket anything if all goes well.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

So here is their latest proposal. I send them the shity hood back, in my own packaging, at my cost and they will send me another hood (assuming that the shity hood arrives unharmed). WTF

I got some quotes and it is going to cost me $400 to PROPERLY crate and ship this hood. So I will have over $1200 into a fiberglass hood. If I knew this, I would have taken it in the shorts and bought the factory hood.

THIS IS BS

Quote Originally Posted by carbongto View Post
    thats b/s that they are handling it the way they are, they should stand behind their product no matter what happens. you could report them to the BBB! it may not benefit you in the matter but it MIGHT help potential future customers save some time and money. Unfortunately, someone is going to be the example, and that someone just happens to be you. Even if it takes 6 months to replace the hood, they could at least offer you a refund and have you send the hood back to them. They could just as easily offer to pay for the repairs but again, if you send it back, if not you, the next hood customer is going to be buying a "new" yet repaired hood. as i said before, the shipping company could also be held liable, gravana should be able to claim the damage with the shipper and not be out of pocket anything if all goes well.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    So here is their latest proposal. I send them the shity hood back, in my own packaging, at my cost and they will send me another hood (assuming that the shity hood arrives unharmed). WTF

I got some quotes and it is going to cost me $400 to PROPERLY crate and ship this hood. So I will have over $1200 into a fiberglass hood. If I knew this, I would have taken it in the shorts and bought the factory hood.

THIS IS BS
    Are you dealing directly with Jim?

Why do you have to crate the hood up to send it back? It's already unusable, so no big deal if it gets trashed worse then it is.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

No, I can not get Jim to call me or E-mail me eventhough I have asked several times. They want the hood so they can 'fix it' and resel it:

Tim,

They cannot send the new hood until they have received the old hood. It
    would ship out 1-2 days after they receive the old one.

The reason they can send you a brand new hood for free is because they will
    still have the old hood that they can fix. If they don't have it, they will
    not ship anything.

I will definitely make sure that they inspect it closely before it ships!

Please review our policies on returns here:
    http://www.gravanatuning.com/policies/#shipping2

Make sure you package the hood properly and also please make sure you insure
    the shipment!! You will be responsible for this hood arriving safely to the
    manufacturer since you are shipping it.

Send the hood to:

Carbon By Design ATTN Travis
    4128 Avenida De La Plata
    Oceanside, CA 92056

You do not need an RMA number, but if you can get tracking information for
    us that would be great. If not, just let us know when it ships and who you
    used to ship it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Are you dealing directly with Jim?

Why do you have to crate the hood up to send it back? It's already unusable, so no big deal if it gets trashed worse then it is.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Fix and resell a previously cracked hood? Uhh...WOW!!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I would say that returning it in the same box it came in with the same packaging would qualify as properly.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    I would say that returning it in the same box it came in with the same packaging would qualify as properly.
    Yup. That way companies CAN'T refuse the return.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

With all this I'd keep it, repair it and installed. The $400 to ship it back will cover the repair and paint at a local shop I know of where I just took mine.

Cousins, one's the owner the other runs the operations. They do excellent work and treat vehicles like they are their own.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I might have a lawyer call these fucking clowns. After wating a month and a half for my bumper It doesnt fucking fit right. I got the old one fixed by a body shop who luckily I am friends with the owner which cost me another 200$. I have not gotten an email, or been able to get an RMA # from these guys because they wont answer the fucking phone. Emails are not replied to hardly at all. Never ever order anything from Gravana that is fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I might have a lawyer call these fucking clowns. After wating a month and a half for my bumper It doesnt fucking fit right. I got the old one fixed by a body shop who luckily I am friends with the owner which cost me another 200$. I have not gotten an email, or been able to get an RMA # from these guys because they wont answer the fucking phone. Emails are not replied to hardly at all. Never ever order anything from Gravana that is fiberglass or carbon fiber.
    Do it. Go OEM for the front bumper. This is rediculous. Getting the runaround for a fkin bumper? To me that is total B.S. Makes me wonder what these companies would do if upset customers designed their own sites displaying their disgust.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Do it. Go OEM for the front bumper. This is rediculous. Getting the runaround for a fkin bumper? To me that is total B.S. Makes me wonder what these companies would do if upset customers designed their own sites displaying their disgust.
    Dude. I already disputed the charge on my credit card because they have not returned my calls or emails. I am so mad about this crap

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

These companies must be "treading water" to do this sh1t. They have your money and now they are making you wait so they can "make good" for themself. Places like this should be forced to close for this sh1t. They HAVE to know that if they don't make things right with their customers there WILL be consequences.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

They don't care one bit from what I can tell. I am trying to find an E-bay hood and will most likley end up fixing a damaged hood. So my shit has been fucked-up all spring/summer so far and I am back to square 1....no hood.

I hate Gravana Tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    These companies must be "treading water" to do this sh1t. They have your money and now they are making you wait so they can "make good" for themself. Places like this should be forced to close for this sh1t. They HAVE to know that if they don't make things right with their customers there WILL be consequences.

black
    1999 trans am

open you charged it !!! This way you can tell them your calling your credit card co. & not paying for damaged goods !!! Dont let them tell you what you will get demand another hood or full credit !!!!! I would not fit it either !!!! Good luck !!!!

Yellow Jacket
    2004 GTO

Gravana Ram Air Hood

I tried to order a Ram Air hood yesterday and the website won't let me change the shipping city from my home town to the body shop town for deliverery so I tried to call. I get a message they are working on their system and will call me back (which they haven't). Then he says it faster to e-mail them but I can't understand what he says after gravana. Has anyone had any luck contacting them lately.
    Posted 11/16/10

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by gtotiger View Post
    I tried to order a Ram Air hood yesterday and the website won't let me change the shipping city from my home town to the body shop town for deliverery so I tried to call. I get a message they are working on their system and will call me back (which they haven't). Then he says it faster to e-mail them but I can't understand what he says after gravana. Has anyone had any luck contacting them lately.
    Posted 11/16/10
    Which company did you order the hood from?

Black
    2004 GTO

They want you to send it to Carbon by Design. I bought a carbon fiber hood from them last spring and it too was poorly package and had some damage on arrival. I wonder if they made yours. I couldnt be more dissatisfied with my mine.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by gtotiger View Post
    Posted 11/16/10
    Dude that message has been there since like 2008. Dont ever order anything from Gravana (I dont know who runs it now but they sold it) because you will not get it in a timely manner, and no one will ever get backto you. Worst experience with a company EVER. They promised me a "deal" because the bumper would not fit without modification and I called and called and never got a response. Fuck them.

Thread Information