Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nfl Fans ...

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by zbizkit View Post
    Sounds like pretty good predictions. But you know how that can be. Teams all the time over and under acheive. Lets hope that we both compete to our top ability.

I know I have heard that Clinton Portis is out indefinetly. Have you heard of any news like when he will be back?
    They are going to give him a week to see how therapy goes. IF it goes well he could be back in 4 weeks or so but that is pushing it. If it goes bad, then surgery and out 6-8

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I live near Charlotte so I make it easy on myself. I'm a fan of the Panthers.

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I live near Charlotte so I make it easy on myself. I'm a fan of the Panthers.
    Well, the panthers are another team I like. Pretty solid team and I think they are definetly going to be there in the end as well.

tater_salad
    Unfortunately, I doesn't. My Cowboys beat the defending NFC champion Seattle Seahawks, but if it meant something, I have a feeling it might have been a different turnout. I'm just ready for the games to start meaning something.

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

I know that the preseason doesn't mean much so its hard to speculate which teams are going to be on top. But, if you want to watch good games before the real season starts watch the third preseason games.

This has become pretty much standard practice in the NFL. The third game is like the NFL's dress rehearsal. You will see the best players play for the longest amount of time in that game. Even Marvin Lewis said if Carson is not going to be ready for the first game he will not take the majority of snaps in the third game. This is because this is time when the first string needs to play together so Anthony Wright will be taking the snaps so he can get comfortable in the offense.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

It seems Dante is doing alot better with his knee in Miami.... How do you guys see them doing... I think he defiantly a upgrade

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    It seems Dante is doing alot better with his knee in Miami.... How do you guys see them doing... I think he defiantly a upgrade
    Imo, Dante is only as good as the team around him. You take other qb's and they make the team play better then the talent. Dante plays even with the talent. Miami has ok talent, he is a definete improvement if he can play healthy, but I only see a 9-7 team.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I see a lot more teams that is getting more and more equal. .. What do you think is the worst record a team can have and still see the playoffs ..???

1970 Fbody

I see a lot more teams that is getting more and more equal. .. What do you think is the worst record a team can have and still see the playoffs ..???
    I think if you go 10-6 you will be fighting for the wild card, 9-7 and you are almost guaranteed to go out. The only saving grace this year is that the teams are more equal in each division so you may have more .500 records. IN the nfc east, dallas, skins, and giants all could split games with each other and end up around 9-7 and 10-6

NBM
    '99 Z28

Ravens fan here. I think we should be decent this year now that we are not starting boller.
    Last edited by Z28Camaro010; 08-20-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

If ANY Head NFL coach goes into a PRE-season game with a plan other than evaluating his team he should be fired and banished to coach in Canada.

The only preseason game that is critical to start the season is the 3rd.And if you lose it doesn't mean shit, as long as you execute. Scrubs play the 2nd half and 4th game to protect the keepers.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Detroit Lions won 1st preseason too! That also means nothing because Lions are consistly bad, very bad. Starting tight end just got hurt yesterday i believe also. Oh well go Tigers.!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I just thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could talk about or teams and other football stuff . I know that winning or looseing any pre-season game dont mean much . But just like with Portis you can easily have stuff happen that will effect the regular season ...

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

I just thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could talk about or teams and other football stuff . I know that winning or looseing any pre-season game dont mean much . But just like with Portis you can easily have stuff happen that will effect the regular season ...
    It's a double edged sword. You have to have the games to evaluate. Besides, as a fan, if they extended the regular season to 18 games with only 2 preseason games, I'd bet you would hear a lot of griping about how crappy the quality of the first couple of games are. From fans and teams alike

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Camaro010 View Post
    Ravens fan here. I think we should be decent this year now that we are starting boller.
    Its hard to tell. As a Bengals fan I know how hard it is to compete in the AFC North. With the Bengals better now, the Steelers the Super Bowl champs, and the Raven defense the only team that is down is Browns and that is a rivalry with the Bengals. So there are no easy games.

I look forward to playing in the division this year to see how good we really are. I think at least we are making strides in the right direction.

I think this has been a great thread by the way. I like to hear whats going on with other teams and there predictions of how their team will do.

GO BENGALS

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Preseason means nothing.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    The preseason means nothing compared to the regular season. I am a Patriots fan and I follow them closely. They were trying out so many different players on defense and offense that I'm surprised they scored against Atlanta. Then again, Atlanta was doing the same thing. The Patriots play the Bengals in Bengalville this year so we'll have to see how that game goes. You guys better watch out for our running game, thats for sure. I have a feeling that Johnson, Houshmanzadeh, etc. will give our corners a damn hard time though. Too bad we didn't get Ty Law because I'm not sure how well Hobbs, Samuel, and Wilson can produce. Luckily we have a cream puff schedule this year other than Denver, Indy, and Cinci. I'm thinking 13-3 or 14-2 if we stay healthy. 11-5 if we have a lot of starters out liek we did in '05.

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    The preseason means nothing compared to the regular season. I am a Patriots fan and I follow them closely. They were trying out so many different players on defense and offense that I'm surprised they scored against Atlanta. Then again, Atlanta was doing the same thing. The Patriots play the Bengals in Bengalville this year so we'll have to see how that game goes. You guys better watch out for our running game, thats for sure. I have a feeling that Johnson, Houshmanzadeh, etc. will give our corners a damn hard time though. Too bad we didn't get Ty Law because I'm not sure how well Hobbs, Samuel, and Wilson can produce. Luckily we have a cream puff schedule this year other than Denver, Indy, and Cinci. I'm thinking 13-3 or 14-2 if we stay healthy. 11-5 if we have a lot of starters out liek we did in '05.
    I'm insulted that you think The Bangles are tough on our schedule.......Throw them in the cream puff section. Palmer is gonna be a deer in headlightswith that knee of his. Rudi Johnson is overated

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Just keeping it on radar

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Lol, the Pats stomped the Cardinals pretty good tonight, 30-3. The team as a whole looked better also compared to the Falcons game. Cassel was very sharp, Dillon/Maroney was a good combo as usual, even special teams made a great fumble recovery. I like what I'm seeing and I hope that Seau can play like he isn't 37, lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information