Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31920212223
    Anytime bro, a bunch of us might be going out tomorrow night for a few friendly runs (local), I'll PM you if it's definitely a go...

That is one sweet split bumper Camaro you got there man! Honestly wasn't expecting that when I clicked on the link, damn that is sweeeeet! What's wrong with her.....?

well according to this http://www.f-body.org/gears/ i should be around 2000rpm at 60mph and 90mph at 3000rpm with my 373's and 255/60/15. im at 3000rpm at 60mph. carburated 383 set up for spray but not completed(plate installed and oversized carb with mechanical secondary ). its real sluggish above 3000rpm. i punch it and nothing happens. the car doesnt move nor does the rpms. i was reading around and saw a similar prob where the tc was sticking but i know shit about cars(dont know exactly whats in my car)

^ Sounds like the carburetor (mechanical secondary linkage isn't set up properly, or it's simply loose, and the secondary plate is not opening). We'll need to take a look at the engine to make sure the timing is set correctly, as well as double checking the basics (vacuum, fuel pressure, etc.). She should be planting you firmly into that seat well above 3000-RPM. We'll also check those rear gears, just to make sure they're 3.73's (don't worry, there's an easy way to check for this without removing the rear cover)....

sounds good on checkin things but all that has been done secondary now opens timing good vacuum leaks fixed idk btw its an A4

This may sound silly, but it does get overlooked some with older cars; Pop the hood, and have somebody floor the accelerator from inside of the car, and while your under the hood, check to see if the throttle bracket is fully extended on the carburetor. If it isn't, "pull/bend forward" the throttle pedal inside of the car some. The tranny might be the culprit as well (might not be downshifting), but we'll get into that once the throttle cable issue is verified, first....

so your sayin actually bend the throttle pedal towards me if im on the floor in front of the pedals? so that the pedal would have more room to move before it hit the floor? if it is a tranny prob is that a $$$ fix? its a new tranny, only 600 miles or so.

Yes, you'd have to literally pull the pedal toward you to allow for more room to depress. Over time, they have a tendency of positioning themselves lower and lower. As for the tranny, it's not the actual transmission itself, but it's hookup to the engine. There should be a vacuum hose that runs from the engine, to the transmission. Check to see if this hose came loose, or if it's even hooked up to begin with....

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31920212223

Thread Information