Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

They stayed busy but we didn't have a good percentage that came back for service.
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    They stayed busy but we didn't have a good percentage that came back for service.
    That's because a good chunk of dealers have complete morons doing the minor work such as oil changes, alignments, new tires, etc. I bought a certified GMC a month ago, and the oil sticker that was on the car said they put 0w-20 in it. Top it all off, they had stripped the oil drain plug. I was furious, so I took the car back after 29 days (they had a 30 day no hassle return policy) and I told them the car was not for me. After everything was signed and I was on my way out, I explained to the service manager why I really returned the vehicle and that someone caused them to lose a sale.

Although as with any job, good help is very hard to come by these days. Still no excuse when you are paying a premium price for "certified" service.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I know more than 1 tech and pretty much all of them know their shit when it comes to working on cars. The issue I don't think is ever knowledge. It's giving a shit because of how the dealerships treat their techs. It pays decent but it's a pretty shitty job just because of how they're treated. I can see how some can stop giving a shit pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Some dealers are pretty shitty to their techs... even on pay. I have certified friends who have worked for multiple big name dealers because of how the pay scales work. Two of them said F$%K it and moved into completely different fields. One is the head of maintenance at a foundry and the other is a repair tech for CNC machines. Both said they would never go back.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-13-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I know more than 1 tech and pretty much all of them know their shit when it comes to working on cars. The issue I don't think is ever knowledge. It's giving a shit because of how the dealerships treat their techs. It pays decent but it's a pretty shitty job just because of how they're treated. I can see how some can stop giving a shit pretty quickly.
    This the guy that my family uses is a former delearship tech for pontiac who said screw it and opened his own garage when he got tired of the bullshit.
    Last edited by raynor139; 05-13-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    That's because a good chunk of dealers have complete morons doing the minor work such as oil changes, alignments, new tires, etc. I bought a certified GMC a month ago, and the oil sticker that was on the car said they put 0w-20 in it. Top it all off, they had stripped the oil drain plug. I was furious, so I took the car back after 29 days (they had a 30 day no hassle return policy) and I told them the car was not for me. After everything was signed and I was on my way out, I explained to the service manager why I really returned the vehicle and that someone caused them to lose a sale.

Although as with any job, good help is very hard to come by these days. Still no excuse when you are paying a premium price for "certified" service.
    Well 14 and up do call for 0W20 Every industry has morons in it
    Dealer life can be absolutely shitty as 0rion stated

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Picked up an '07 with 76k. Has everything I wanted.

It's in near new condition other than a few minor issues. Said they replaced the brakes, but perhaps they just turned the rotors and replaced the pads? It shutters at high speed braking. Does that happen when only the rotors are turned?

Other than that, I'm just happy I got a better car than I was expecting to find and it was only 4 hours away. I can't believe how nice these cars are with the options they have. Drives easily, transmission shifts so smooth, power is always there. Got 31mpg on the way home going 80mph. Was getting 34mpg until the wind picked up.

The owner of the dealership was great. Paid in cash and was out the door in 10 minutes (other than the test drive). Even dropped the price 1k. I was willing to pay sticker.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post

It's in near new condition other than a few minor issues. Said they replaced the brakes, but perhaps they just turned the rotors and replaced the pads? It shutters at high speed braking. Does that happen when only the rotors are turned?

Other than that, I'm just happy I got a better car than I was expecting to find and it was only 4 hours away. I can't believe how nice these cars are with the options they have. Drives easily, transmission shifts so smooth, power is always there. Got 31mpg on the way home going 80mph. Was getting 34mpg until the wind picked up.

The owner of the dealership was great. Paid in cash and was out the door in 10 minutes (other than the test drive). Even dropped the price 1k. I was willing to pay sticker.
    congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

red
    95 Z28

Rotors are still warped. Just go to Napa (or wherever) and get some new ones. They can't be that big or expensive for that car. Also start sourcing a replacement transmission.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Gray/ White

No fresh surface shouldn't have that. More than likely they slapped new pads on without resurfacing or replacing the rotors

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Well 14 and up do call for 0W20 Every industry has morons in it
    Dealer life can be absolutely shitty as 0rion stated

Incorrect. They call for 5w-30 UNLESS in extreme cold weather. Oklahoma doesn't get much below 20 even in the winter and the date on the oil change sticker was 04-03-16. Pretty sure it wouldn't need 0w-50 in April. I haven't taken any kind of Wal-Mart offered automotive training so I may be wrong.
    Last edited by OKSS; 05-15-2016 at 03:09 AM.

Gray/ White

Funny all the ones I have seen say 0 W20 on the cap

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Rotors are still warped. Just go to Napa (or wherever) and get some new ones. They can't be that big or expensive for that car. Also start sourcing a replacement transmission.
    Funny you say that. I have two GMs that are out of commission due to transmission problems. Acura is running fine though.

No fresh surface shouldn't have that. More than likely they slapped new pads on without resurfacing or replacing the rotors
    Was thinking the same thing. Picked up some new rotors and pads, about a $100 for everything.

Arctic White, red/gray

Funny all the ones I have seen say 0 W20 on the cap
    I saw 0w-20 in the manual of my uncles 2015.

Gray/ White

Sounds like Walmart training

BRR
    2002 SS LE

I didn't specify a GMC Terrain.

As previously stated. 5w-30.

Gray/ White

Then I stand corrected since those still say 5W30 on the cap

Arctic White, red/gray

I just assumed GMC Sierra.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

It is crazy that they recommend 0w-20 for both 5.3 and 6.2. Fuel mileage is the reason behind it I would be fairly certain as they recommend 5w-30 in the 6.0L HD engines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information