Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 Camaro V6

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Pace setter makes the most reasonable 3800 f-body headers from ~$240 and up if you do deside to go that route.
    Other companies make them also (few) they are usually about double the price of the setters..

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Leave the engine and exhaust alone and go for handling.

They sound like angry weed wackers no matter what you do.

I have WS6 swaybars on my V6 DD,cut 1/2 off the front coil and removed the isolator in the rear.

275/40/17 out front and 285/35/18 in the rear on Corvette Speedlines painted black.

She handles like she's on rails.
    2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS A6
    1999 TA A4 NBM
    12.265 at 110.52mph

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I don't see a problem with modding the 3800.. Just not going to see big gains in N/A form..
    Simple moog HD end links tighted, and a good set of sticky auto-x tires will achieve handles "on rails" effect without the need for lowering or WS6 sway bars..
    Many folks have done headers and cam work and like the results..

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

I've got the pace setters with high flow cat i noticed difference big difference personally the flowmaster sounds deeper if that makes sense an has lil bit more of power in the pedal I've done a ton to my 3.8 but only cause I've got Hella deals on parts and do most the work I've ran out ideas of what to do but Im not doin turbo id rather invest that kinda money on a V8

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I don't see a problem with modding the 3800.. Just not going to see big gains in N/A form..
    Simple moog HD end links tighted, and a good set of sticky auto-x tires will achieve handles "on rails" effect without the need for lowering or WS6 sway bars..
    Many folks have done headers and cam work and like the results..
    A friend of mine has his 3800 modded out H/C Headers,TC Gears, Tuning,ect.

He just got into the 13's and he blew it up(spun rod bearings)

I was going to do a Magna Flow CB but it will now go on the TA(its a V8 system)

I like the 3800 its relatively quiet and civilized,its a nice change of pace to get into my quiet DD.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by izzhemp View Post
    I've got the pace setters with high flow cat i noticed difference big difference personally the flowmaster sounds deeper if that makes sense an has lil bit more of power in the pedal I've done a ton to my 3.8 but only cause I've got Hella deals on parts and do most the work I've ran out ideas of what to do but Im not doin turbo id rather invest that kinda money on a V8
    +2.. I thought long about building a 3800.. I like it, but I'd rather personally have something in DOHC instead.. v6 or v8..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-20-2011 at 08:22 AM.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by izzhemp View Post
    I just put pacesetter headers on mine and gutted my cat and it sounds amazing with the flowmaster 40s that I have. I noticed a big difference in sound and it has more "up and go" now. Only thing is I would get the ceramic coated headers unless you want to smell burnt paint. I heat cycled my headers and most of the black paint peeled off in sheets.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

My headers did same thing, me an a friend just ordered powder coating kit and a electric stove so soon ill be powdercoating things for the bird. Already decided ill do headers valve covers wheels an calipers figure calipers white everything else black an i like my 3.8 and list of things I've done can't wait to get an ls1

Bird Rehab Center ThunderChicken's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

I don't think powdercoating works on headers. I think the only thing that works on headers is ceramic coating because the headers get hotter than any oven ever would...

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

didnt knnow that thank you

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChicken View Post
    I don't think powdercoating works on headers. I think the only thing that works on headers is ceramic coating because the headers get hotter than any oven ever would...

Yup that's why the paint they put on them flakes off..
    Companies will paint and oil cover things to give them shelf life..
    So as not to rust or corrode while sitting waiting to be purchased in a warehouse like in an auto parts store..
    Headers reutinely see cherry red with just one sustained WOT..

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

A good performance chip, possibly a $300 k & n cold air intake, upgrade your pully system. loose some weight like the spare tire/jack in the back!

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

I had a 2001 Camaro V6. Bought it brand-new back in the day. I did a lid with K&N, removed the MAF screen, B&M short-throw shifter, Harlan shift light, Dynomax exhaust, BMR STB, 1LE sway bars, panhard rod, LCA's and SLP take-off limited slip. Car drove great, ran great and got over 30mpg on the highway. Not much more I could have done without installing headers or going into the motor itself.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

It’s possible to purchase 3800series parts from the internet also. You can see its various parts like shift improvement kit, inter cooler kit, gtp performance parts, performance transaxle etc.

3800 series 2 performance parts

Thread Information