• Blended dino/synthetic off the shelf

17 3.48%
  • I mix my own

6 1.23%
Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14243444606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1385

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Going old school here...I just bought a 1970 Chevelle Malibu. 58K documented miles.The engine was balanced and blueprinted and has a mild cam, headers,and a 650 Holley double pumper. Runs good. The car came from Michigan and the previous owner was running Mobil 1 20w50 in it. I think that I dont need to run 20w50 in this motor since the car is now in California. Whaddaya think?
    Bowtie good! Blue oval not so good! Bob in the PRK

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy View Post
    Going old school here...I just bought a 1970 Chevelle Malibu. 58K documented miles.The engine was balanced and blueprinted and has a mild cam, headers,and a 650 Holley double pumper. Runs good. The car came from Michigan and the previous owner was running Mobil 1 20w50 in it. I think that I dont need to run 20w50 in this motor since the car is now in California. Whaddaya think?
    You are okay with whatever you choose.
    The length you choose to change said oil is key.

Synthetic.....Every 5-6K miles (with filter)
    Dyno....Every 3K with filter
    Etc....

Red
    1999 WS6

Mobil 1 5-30 Fully Synthetic. I will use this stuff forever. I have an 07 Nitro with 60,000 miles and as my luck has it, it locked up two weeks ago. I do have an extended warranty and they sent out an inspector to make sure it was not a result of neglect. After the engine was tore down, I got to check it out myself and I must say it was extremely clean. Just one thing was out of place which has nothing to do with the oil. A valve dropped and got snapped in half and punched a perfect hole in the #5 piston. Both heads are off the block and they still cant spin the motor. Waiting on the new motor to get installed

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by rbws6 View Post
    Mobil 1 5-30 Fully Synthetic. I will use this stuff forever. I have an 07 Nitro with 60,000 miles and as my luck has it, it locked up two weeks ago. I do have an extended warranty and they sent out an inspector to make sure it was not a result of neglect. After the engine was tore down, I got to check it out myself and I must say it was extremely clean. Just one thing was out of place which has nothing to do with the oil. A valve dropped and got snapped in half and punched a perfect hole in the #5 piston. Both heads are off the block and they still cant spin the motor. Waiting on the new motor to get installed
    Mobil 1's oil is decent. It by No means is in the top 3 of synthetic oils. They Fell Way off a few years back. You would be able to make your own conclusion of that by having a oil analysis done & compare the results. Save some $ & do your New engine a favor & run Penzoil Platinum. It is Far superior to Mobil 1's & Cheaper.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    2000 WS6

RP in my bikes and WS6....nuff said.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman View Post
    RP in my bikes and WS6....nuff said.
    you didnt read any of this did you? i will give you the fast take on RP its over priced piss and a can. but its your car so do as you want. but i would start getting the uoa's and you will seee for yourself.

Black
    2000 WS6

OIl pressure is very stable at any temp and overall engine temps are around 10 degrees lower.
    That tells me RP is being liked by my motors.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Felling Sorry for your engine's innerds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman View Post
    OIl pressure is very stable at any temp and overall engine temps are around 10 degrees lower.
    That tells me RP is being liked by my motors.
    There is MANY problems with there Over Priced Garbage!! I see you are new to the site. Do your engines Great favors & use the search engine in our toolbar & search this thread for rp. I Think you will be Vastly enlightened!!

I WOULDN'T WASTE THE MONEY TO RUN THAT SHIT IN MY BRIGGS.
    Last edited by Cutlass; 11-03-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: cleaning up

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

oil press isnt a big problem in the ls motor and ill call bs on the oil giving you a 10 degrees lower temp. did you put a coolint add in it to as i have sean them work

Black
    2000 WS6

No BS at all.
    I have been building HD motors for years.
    I currently own two bikes, one with a 127 and the other with a Merch 120.
    With AMS or VR1 or a few other, I always ran around 190 in moving air at 80 degrees.
    With RP they both dropped to 180 under the same conditions.
    Air cooled engines of these sizes are putting out 157 and 165 horses respectively with the work I've done to them.
    An air cooled environment engine is far tougher on oil than a water cooled equivalent.
    Don't be so quick to throw the BS flag around.
    All things equal, a cooler motor with just an oil change shows it has less friction.
    Changing every 3 is not an issue financially ever.
    Try explaining the AMS oil BS vs their cost.
    Now that's a BS story.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

If RP works good for you, then fine. I'm not here to change your mind. We've read the scientific oil analyses on how it performs and whats in it. And unless something has changed (its possible), that RP motor oil is poor quality compared to other oils out there.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well on My BIG bore air cooled HD I could Care Less whether its running 180 of 190 due to the fact NEITHER are anywhere Near a temp to hurt anything. I can state for a F A C T that RP's UOA's comeback SHIT ALL THE TIME. I have a Good friend that works @ BlackStone Lab that does Hundreds of UOA'S on a Daily basis. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE IS MANY OTHER OPTIONS THAT WILL PERFORM MUCH BETTER FOR CHEAPER. Do a UOA on that stuff then report back how it comes out for you.

So NO BS HERE.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

the bs was more for the ls but as LS2Tuner and i posted do a uoa on it and you will see just how bad it is. but like i posted befor its your rides so run what you want but if you looked at the rest of this thred you would of known how we feel about RP. i run amsoil in all my cars and trucks but run VR1 in my HD but thats me.

dark red
    1997 7.3 f250

just started mechanic school in downtown st louis, now i have the TEDIOUS task of convincing everyone how shitty royal purple is, most my classmates think its god on earth, when i told one guy how bad royal purple does on UOA's he even said "most oil analysis are total bullshit anyway" and some of them still beleive the ol 3000 mile myth, if its dark it needs changed etc, luckily i havent had to deal with any lucas fans yet
    anyway, first time i went through this thread all the UOA links were broken, so now i get to run all over bobistheoilguy.com and try to find a bunch of RP UOA's and other brand oil UOA's on the same vehicle, being 30 blocks from the plant hopefully i can teach them the ways of schaeffer oil

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by kobach View Post
    some of them still beleive the ol 3000 mile myth,
    Just remember, without a UOA, you can't just assume the oil is fine past 3000 miles.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I used to change my oil every 3k with Dino oil. To me that was cheap insurance. I got tired of doing it that often so changed to synthetic. And change it every 6k - 7.5k

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

dark red
    1997 7.3 f250

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Just remember, without a UOA, you can't just assume the oil is fine past 3000 miles.
    always, unless the manufacturer calls for longer, none of these guys have any real mods that would cause it to need to be changed shorter like huge camshafts, and all their vehicles are fuel injected, one of them runs RP to 9000 in his honda which im sure is fine

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by kobach View Post
    always, unless the manufacturer calls for longer, none of these guys have any real mods that would cause it to need to be changed shorter like huge camshafts, and all their vehicles are fuel injected, one of them runs RP to 9000 in his honda which im sure is fine
    Certain new 2011 GM motors require Dexos1 spec oil which is almost a synthetic requirement above SN rated, and many new direct-injected motors are so hard on the oil that it requires more changes than you would think. So you cannot make blanket statements about "real mods" being the only factor. These motors are factory stock and killing oil before 5000 miles from GM, VW, BMW and Porsche.

dark red
    1997 7.3 f250

we're all poor college students, i think the newest vehicle anyone in the class has is an 05, and ive told them all how hard the new direct injection gas engines are on oil

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Without Sarge's regular, "insider oil industry" updates...we're all "internet experts" relying on old data to make our judgements.
    Last edited by Cutlass; 11-03-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14243444606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread Information