Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by sworn View Post
    Nice!

Do you still have the Vette?
    No, I have the pics in my profile. I got the Z28 after the Corvette was wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
    Being my own boss would be amazing!!! No matter how much money I end up making, i'm going to end up with a camaro ss. I've been raised from birth with my dad's. He's got pictures from 15 years ago with me standing up next to the headers and they are almost as tall as me hahaha.

Quick question about the 2002 z28, are there any problems that they have been starting to give people after this many years? Common problems that I should look into when trying to find one?
    There are issues. The rears are known for issues and the interiors are not great. The window motors go bad, if its a t-top it was squeek and rattle a little. The doors shut like a tin can in my opinion and feel like they are going to break. lol The dash is known for getting a crack here or there in it as well.

Not a whole lot of bad. The transmissions are solid units and the engines can run a long time if taken care of.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Still have your maxima? Get the '02. Don't? get the '10.
    Imo, if you're looking for a car to get you into cars so to speak, start learning how to work on it and mod it, have some fun and really start to make it your own, I suggest the '02 100%. The 2010 SS is a great car and overall a better car, fact. But, with the amount of money you'd be saving, you could easily build the drivetrain to become worry free, at least for a long time. You'll be happy with either choice. The Z28 looks more bland, interior isn't nearly close to as nice, but its basically just as fast in a straight line, can be made faster, cheaper, and will leave your wallet a little heavier. Maintenance shouldn't scare you because it's all part of learning. But if you're to only have one car, I'd still say the SS.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Still have your maxima? Get the '02. Don't? get the '10.
    Imo, if you're looking for a car to get you into cars so to speak, start learning how to work on it and mod it, have some fun and really start to make it your own, I suggest the '02 100%. The 2010 SS is a great car and overall a better car, fact. But, with the amount of money you'd be saving, you could easily build the drivetrain to become worry free, at least for a long time. You'll be happy with either choice. The Z28 looks more bland, interior isn't nearly close to as nice, but its basically just as fast in a straight line, can be made faster, cheaper, and will leave your wallet a little heavier. Maintenance shouldn't scare you because it's all part of learning. But if you're to only have one car, I'd still say the SS.
    Smart man. However, stop with the common sense stuff and show more pics of the girl against your car. That is all the matters as of now in this thread. lol

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Smart man. However, stop with the common sense stuff and show more pics of the girl against your car. That is all the matters as of now in this thread. lol
    Got a thing for my fiancee sir? lol. We were practicing for the calendar. I got an album of it but.. not really relevant

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Got a thing for my fiancee sir? lol. We were practicing for the calendar. I got an album of it but.. not really relevant
    No not at al my friend, but a cute girl in a tiny bikini next to a kick ass car is hard NOT to take a look at (a few times).

Its always relvant.

Red
    '02 35th SS LE SLP#1084

I say get the 02', of course I'm partial. I love to work on cars so I would never own a new one, nothing to do. Save your money for more import things like a house.

Like others said, parts are plentiful, and the knowledge base is huge.

Oh and if you want to pay $15K for an 02', I'll gladly sell you mine.

Jon

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    No not at al my friend, but a cute girl in a tiny bikini next to a kick ass car is hard NOT to take a look at (a few times).

Its always relvant.
    Fair enough lol.

I paid about 14. Little over. '02 M6 with 47k on it. I agree with JFL.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Hell I payed only 9500 and I've driven mine about 3 times the amount of times my dad has driven his 2010. Oh yeah that is because his was in the shop so many damn times. I guess that is the price you pay to be an early adapter to a platform

Junior Member 2001SSCamaro#2516's Avatar

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

I dont care too much for the newer Camaros, and I dont like the money you lose buying a new car. However, if you plan on keeping it forever and taking care of it, I would buy the 2010. If you want to experiment and have some fun with it, but the 2002. LS1s are great motors to play with.

white
    1998 Nissan Maxima

I actually have not gotten a chance to drive either one and I understand that I must do that no matter what before buying one. Until then I literally am going day in and day out changing my mind. I know whichever one I get, the modding will begin as soon as I have enough money.

Personally I see the 2002 as being more of a toy, something I know that I will evantually be getting rid of however the 2010/2011 will be an investment. It seems as if the 2002's hold their value rather well (if kept in good condition) so I could really seeing myself going with that until I settle down and become financially comfortable before investing in a 2010. These are just some of the ideas going through my head right now.

I will def be keeping my maxima so I will always have a back up car/winter car for the camaro.

The common problems mentioned sound small and easily fixed. As long as there were no serious problems with the drivetrain or set up of the car itself that is great news!!!

white
    1998 Nissan Maxima

Quote Originally Posted by 2001SSCamaro#2516 View Post
    I dont care too much for the newer Camaros, and I dont like the money you lose buying a new car. However, if you plan on keeping it forever and taking care of it, I would buy the 2010. If you want to experiment and have some fun with it, but the 2002. LS1s are great motors to play with.
    I agree with you and buying new cars. I would never buy it directly off the assembly line, EVER!!! There are 2010 camaro 2ss going for just under 30k when book price puts them around 38k depending on the options. Once a car leaves the dealer lot, it is incredible how much the price depreciates.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
    I actually have not gotten a chance to drive either one and I understand that I must do that no matter what before buying one. Until then I literally am going day in and day out changing my mind. I know whichever one I get, the modding will begin as soon as I have enough money.

Personally I see the 2002 as being more of a toy, something I know that I will evantually be getting rid of however the 2010/2011 will be an investment. It seems as if the 2002's hold their value rather well (if kept in good condition) so I could really seeing myself going with that until I settle down and become financially comfortable before investing in a 2010. These are just some of the ideas going through my head right now.

I will def be keeping my maxima so I will always have a back up car/winter car for the camaro.

The common problems mentioned sound small and easily fixed. As long as there were no serious problems with the drivetrain or set up of the car itself that is great news!!!
    If your keeping the nissan get the 02. They have problems, but they aren't that bad to work on. You can use the extra money for a nice place.

Ray Charles blue

Get the new one and fly out here and buy the one about 15 miles from me.

2002, white with black stripes, 6-speed, 90k miles, aftermarket exhaust, t-tops, new tires and Cragar looking wheels (looks like 315s on the back) along with the stockers.......$5,500. Sounds and looks good. Driver seat has some wear and a few scratches here and there but my friend looked at it and said its a good running car. Pretty cheap transportation.

Thread Information