Thread: running rich?

2006 Pacifica

running rich?

When i first crank her up, a little bit of smoke comes out of the exhaust and it has the faint smell of gas..

if i am running rich, how would i fix this? or more accurately determine if that is it?

Black
    2002 Camaro v6

Is it a puff of whiteish smoke, only for a few seconds, then when it warms up it's fine?

2006 Pacifica

yeah, very brief puff only on start up, and not even sure i would call it white.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Raw fuel.. Possible MAF but more likely an 02 malfunction.. SES light? Have it scanned and let me know.... If your mileage is high, and you're still running factory 02's, they could be starting to crap out.. No SES light, it could be a coil...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

2006 Pacifica

No SES, new coils, plugs and wires in the last 2 months, 151k, no knowledge of O2s being replaced.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by BlairF View Post
    No SES, new coils, plugs and wires in the last 2 months, 151k, no knowledge of O2s being replaced.
    Yeah the recommended replacement on (3800-II) 02's is like 80k I believe.. Clean the MAF with CRC cleaner too.. 151k is high mileage before replacing 02's I'd make sure the smoke and smell is in fact unburned fuel.. Coolant burns and can sometimes gives off strange smells.. Relatively speaking here, 151k is near/@ machanical limits of the timing chain, oil pump, and rings.... I'd also throw a compression test @ it just to be sure you're still within the numbers/limits... Fuel pump could also be starting to die.. Possible purge issue.. You/we need a code here.. ugh.. Try testing rail psi, for a possible fuel pressure reg. issue.. Let us know what you find..

white with a Black stripe
    1998 camaro z28

went to smog my car and it was fine and when I pick it up in the after noon my car started to run rich....... I ask them what they do to it ...they just gave me excuses.I think they fuck with it....any opinions in how to fix it.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by cid_z28 View Post
    went to smog my car and it was fine and when I pick it up in the after noon my car started to run rich....... I ask them what they do to it ...they just gave me excuses.I think they fuck with it....any opinions in how to fix it.
    Welcome to the site.. May want to start your own thread.. This is the v6 section..

Thread Information