Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

RED
    1995 Z28

opti -spark

I would not get any type of opti spark MSD or any other brand. I would go with the Delteq ignition coil setup. That is your best option. It puts out more spark that any opti-spark set up . Even with an MSD box.

RED
    1995 Z28

LT1 vs Ls1

As far as all the arguments about LT1 or LS1 goes, I think that if as much research went into the LT’s back in the 90’s with all these performance companies as there are now with the LS1’s I believe the LT’s would have better dyno numbers. But this performance shit was not high in demand back in the 90’s nor was the internet. And one thing you can not take away from the Lt’s is that hands down they sound allot more aggressive than LS1’s any day!!!!!!

badassvette
    lt1s are the shiznet. i have a 93 with 113000 miles and runs great. never had to change the optispark.

Quote Originally Posted by rudyb28
    As far as all the arguments about LT1 or LS1 goes, I think that if as much research went into the LT’s back in the 90’s with all these performance companies as there are now with the LS1’s I believe the LT’s would have better dyno numbers. But this performance shit was not high in demand back in the 90’s nor was the internet. And one thing you can not take away from the Lt’s is that hands down they sound allot more aggressive than LS1’s any day!!!!!!

No they wouldnt have. LT1's are plenty powerfule for what they are but you are implying they have more potential then what the aftermarket companies are getting out of them. Thats just not true. There are head and cam combination packages that can net up too 400RWHP and thats nearly as far as the engine deisgn itself will allow the motor to be pushed.

As far as the sound, Ill give ya that. My LT1's have ALWAYS sounded outstanding. One of the reasons I cant wait to cam the LT1 just for the sound.

red
    95 Z28

this is going nowhere

Thread Information