white

not registerring that key is out?

hey guys. I just did my diver door lock motor. Stupidly I did not disconnect the battery.. I got everything back together and it worked one way only now works both ways but when I pull the key out of the ignition and open the doors I can still use the windows and radio. When I the key is out and door is open I can still hear the factory amp on. I also messed up the alarm and have no idea how to set it.
    I've looked through the service manuals and I did use google but I'm still lost.
    After this I'm taking the car in for any electronic work this is not my thing at all.
    Any help is appreciated

white

O and after this I pulled the negative for 30 minutes and same thing is happening. I cant drive it because it is going to kill the battery I think?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pk222 View Post
    hey guys. I just did my diver door lock motor. Stupidly I did not disconnect the battery.. I got everything back together and it worked one way only now works both ways but when I pull the key out of the ignition and open the doors I can still use the windows and radio. When I the key is out and door is open I can still hear the factory amp on. I also messed up the alarm and have no idea how to set it.
    I've looked through the service manuals and I did use google but I'm still lost.
    After this I'm taking the car in for any electronic work this is not my thing at all.
    Any help is appreciated
    Sounds like something is shorted in the ignition cylinder. See if you can look inside of and see if aynthing looks bent/mangled/out of place. Try some WD-40 and work your key in and out it and see if that frees anything up.
    O and after this I pulled the negative for 30 minutes and same thing is happening. I cant drive it because it is going to kill the battery I think?
    With extra acc. on, it will kill it faster. If it's your DD, I'd leave it disconnected till the problem is resolved.

white

I think its just the alarm needs to be reset..
    If it was fine up until now and changed once I disconnected the door lock and battery. I dont know how to reset it though.

After about 10 minutes it will go back to normal and the windows wont work and radio wont turn on.
    The alarm is not turning on either. When I lock the car the first time it will only lock the doors the time I hit the button it will beep once quietly but I unlocked the door with my key and opened it without setting off the alarm.
    I know there are different was of setting the alarm as well as resetting it but I don't know how and the gm dealerships that I've called wont tell me because thats obviously how the make money.
    I don't have the factory radio so I cant do the audio lock out or whatever its called.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

The owners manual has the procedure for changing the alarm settings. Also check the door pin switch on the driver door. It should cut power to the bcm to turn off the radio and windows. That could be the alarm problem also.

white

I have the service manuals and they arent in there. And I cant even find the door pin. Is it part of the latch?

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

It might be. Could also be on the door jamb near the dash.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Any help is appreciated
    my work van (chevy astro) does the same thing. i have no idea why but dont worry about it killin ur batt. theses cars have a saftey shut off for all acc left on after a given amount of time so it doesnt kill ur batt. GM thinks of eveything i guess...
    HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS... EVERY PUSSY HAS ONE!
    **PHK**

white

It does have something to do with the driver door that I just put the door lock actuator in because It will turn off the radio if I open the passanger door and act like normal.
    So I'm guessing the driver sensor or plunger is stuck closed? If I can find it. The only place I can think of is that it is in the latch? But that still wouldn't help me with my alarm problem..
    Last edited by pk222; 02-26-2010 at 12:08 AM.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

That alarm issue is probably a result of the latch problem. Maybe it is just a ground issue.

white

that would be nice. Does anyone know where The sensor is? I cant find anything other than the 2 connectors that plug into the door lock actuator

Thread Information