Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2011 Prius

I guess having me build and set you up a computer is out of the question...

Look into Velocity PC's, they are pretty good.

Senior Member Blown Interceptor's Avatar

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    I just want a good pc. just think about it. just because its a gamers pc, it doesn't mean it wont be great for my other uses.

is there anything good on newegg that you found?

I know what you mean...I will check it out and give you my opinions from newegg...

What about that dell link I posted? You can customize that system with what you want.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I guess having me build and set you up a computer is out of the question...

Look into Velocity PC's, they are pretty good.

I could do the same, but think about it...building a system and shipping too him would be a waste of money(no offense)...there are great deals on newegg and tigerdirect.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Interceptor View Post
    I could do the same, but think about it...building a system and shipping too him would be a waste of money(no offense)...there are great deals on newegg and tigerdirect.
    Yea, true. It's worked out the few times, I done. In the end it's about the same going with Velocity as far as pricing. But the customer gets the choice of picking every little piece. If he does it right, 3-5 and lifetime warranty on everything.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I would have too agree, and I work for Dell.

What happened to: "My main purpose for the PC and to use internet, watch movies, do my writing projects and of course pron.

I don't play games on it. (I have xbox for that)" You don't need a liquid cooled machine for that...

I would also check Newegg for desktops...you can get a pretty sweet setup for around 800.00...

Have been in the business 15 + years.. Current job had cmpq or hp pc's until about three years ago. They were business class pc's and we had few issues with them. We switched to Dell about 3 years ago. Dell GX 520's... During a year and a half period we replaced 1437 power supllies, we also replaced 856 hdd's. We have stopped doing buisness with Dell. We went back to HP and have not had a single issue to date with any of the HP's. The power supplies in the Dell's started failing almost right away but the numbers were low. Then we had a water fall effect. IIRC we bought 1700 Dells so we replace a power supply in 1437 of the 1700 Dell's. I say that but still replace power supplies on a weekly basis (on the GX 520's left that have not been replaced). I can not recommend Dell from this experince. I know another local company that had the same issues with the GX 270's and again hundreds if not thousands.

To the OP

I know you dont want to build you own. I have never bought a name brand PC I always build my own. If I were to recommend a brand it would be HP.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 12-10-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Yea, true. It's worked out the few times, I done. In the end it's about the same going with Velocity as far as pricing. But the customer gets the choice of picking every little piece. If he does it right, 3-5 and lifetime warranty on everything.

True, I have built quite a few systems for customers I have with Dell and friends. The only thing with being local is, if there is a problem...I am close by. That was my point, I was not trying to discount your knowledge of PC system builds at all...it's just hard to build a system for someone who is thousands of miles away and not be able too give them personal support.

I hope we are all good, cause I am not trying to start any trouble...

Jason

2011 Prius

I hope we are all good, cause I am not trying to start any trouble...

Jason
    That's something I talk to the customers who are out of town, usually they are fully understanding and have basic computer knowledge. Usually, just don't like the software side of things... I hate that side of things also, but I bite it and do it. But, if I was to buy. I either buy IBM or Velocity, if I really needed to buy.

I tried Apple, they are nice. Only Apple I bought was an iMac, to learn that side of things. Then I rented a Mac Pro from my old school. Pricey, but damn nice. What I am on now, is an IBM T61, great little laptop.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Have been in the business 15 + years.. Current job had cmpq or hp pc's until about three years ago. They were business class pc's and we had few issues with them. We switched to Dell about 3 years ago. Dell GX 520's... During a year and a half period we replaced 1437 power supllies, we also replaced 856 hdd's. We have stopped doing buisness with Dell. We went back to HP and have not had a single issue to date with any of the HP's. The power supplies in the Dell's started failing almost right away but the numbers were low. Then we had a water fall effect. IIRC we bought 1700 Dells so we replace a power supply in 1437 of the 1700 Dell's. I say that but still replace power supplies on a weekly basis (on the GX 520's left that have not been replaced). I can not recommend Dell from this experince. I know another local company that had the same issues with the GX 270's and again hundreds if not thousands.

To the OP

I know you don't want to build you own. I have never bought a name brand PC I always build my own. If I were to recommend a brand it would be HP.
    But everything replaceable should be free...

I totally agree about everything you said, basically shit does happen, If you are in a corp setting and have the H/W warranty, you should be fine...dell will replace eve4rything H/W related.

All I am saying is Dells H/W replacement is pretty good. If I or someone comes out to replace a H/W part, it;s for free....yeah, sometimes the H/W they send is DOA, but that shit happens...happened too me on a few occasions...

If you can find the right tech that will back you up on warranty replacements...there should be no problems....I have done that quite a few times in the past for really cool customers...

Bottom line...find that right tech that will go above and beyond... like me...

As far as software goes, I play it by ear...I have escalate what They want and need
    Last edited by Blown Interceptor; 12-11-2009 at 06:16 AM.

2011 Prius

I always suggest, for my customers who decide to not have me build. If you decide to buy from a big company, please buy from the business line. As you get better warranty and support.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Agreed...
    Last edited by Blown Interceptor; 12-11-2009 at 06:15 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

But everything replaceable should be free...

I totally agree about everything you said, basically shit does happen, If you are in a corp setting and have the H/W warranty, you should be fine...dell will replace eve4rything H/W related.

All I am saying is Dells H/W replacement is pretty good. If I or someone comes out to replace a H/W part, it;s for free....yeah, sometimes the H/W they send is DOA, but that shit happens...happened too me on a few occasions...

If you can find the right tech that will back you up on warranty replacements...there should be no problems....I have done that quite a few timed in the past for really cool customers...

Bottom line...find that right tech that will go above and beyond... like me...

As far as software goes, I play it by ear...I have escalate what They want and need, just platy it by ear
    We also had issues with warranty replacements. Dell does have online warranty repair request. There is no need for a tech we just need the parts. I always used the online request for parts. Most of the time we got the parts next day. But it did become a issue. Dell sent us 30 power supplies and 10 hdd's to have on hand. I can tell you of days when we would have 12 pc's in one day, in need of a power supply. We may or may not have gotten 12 power supplies from Dell the next day.

I do understand that you are saying Dell has great warranty repair service. I have never had the need like this with Compaq or HP. Did the cmpq's and hp's have hardware failure? Yes, but nothing even close to 1437 power supplies on one model. When I think of quality it does not reguire 1437 calls to fix a issue.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 12-10-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

I really don't want to build it myself again. I have no problem with putting the hardware together, but for the life of me, I cannot deal with installing software and drivers.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    I really don't want to build it myself again. I have no problem with putting the hardware together, but for the life of me, I cannot deal with installing software and drivers.
    See, that's what most of my customers who know how to build, hire me. Mainly because I don't charge much, because I enjoy it. It's worth it to them, for me to do the pain in the ass.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

ended up with this

HP Pavilion Elite e9250t PC

* • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    * • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-860 processor [2.8GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache]
    * • FREE UPGRADE! 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs] from 4GB
    * • FREE UPGRADE! 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
    * • 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]
    * • LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
    * • Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN
    * • 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio
    * • No TV Tuner
    * • Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports
    * • No speakers
    * • HP multimedia keyboard and HP optical mouse
    * • Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
    * • Norton Internet Security(TM) 2010 - 15 month
    * • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Summary of discounts for order H110146325
    Instant discounts you received:
    $250.00 PC instant rebate
    $20.00 Coupon
    Order subtotal $1,009.99
    Shipping
    (Standard 5-7 Business Days) FREE
    Estimated ship date:
    Your customized HP Pavilion Elite e9250t PC will be
    built by January 1, 2010

NY Tax $82.06
    Grand total $1,092.05

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Good luck with it. I've come to hate Pavilion's. Your going to love that i7!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information