Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Pontiac's Aztec is about the worst thing they have done other than that 1990's version of the Lemans.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    When I was 15 and started looking for cars, a fiero was one of my top 10 choices. That was 10 years ago, I'm wondering, with the way things have changed, is there stuff you can do to a fiero to make it slaughter new cars in a road course? What about style stuff, i mean..their interior is about as sexy as a 3rd gen...can it be swapped with f-body/vette/eclipse...anything better?
    When I was 15, I also liked the Pontiac Fiero... but that was before I knew much about cars.

The Fiero does look cool (the whole point was that it was a Ferrari-ish vehicle that the average person could afford). In actual fact, it was a cheap POS with an unreliable powertrain, crappy interior, crappy suspension, and crappy brakes--and it weighed too much also.

Long story short, if you're into performance, stay away from the Pontiac Fiero.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I would like to see the Fiero come back. I always thought those were spiffy cars.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

+2 no...

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

I thought the last GT's/Formulas made were okay, then GM killed it.

I like something a little different. If you got to have it I would get the best one you can buy, get suspension and tire and autoX it. Then you'll learn how to drive it and keep it running where handling is most important and 60-100mph acceleration isn't. Then boost it for some power. (Just trying to stay grounded here, not saying you couldn't build it to the moon, that takes alot of time and $$$)

It's up to you what's cool.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

The 88's suspension was actually designed for the fiero and was on par with that of lotus, hence the rumors that the 88's used a lotus suspension. When it first came out they used suspensions from other cars which is why they were crap but the 88's are a different story. Drivetrains weren't impressive but this was also a time when a sedan could outrun a corvette (GN). The powertrain wasn't unreliable if you knew how to maintain it. Most idiots kinked the rad lines jacking it up or didn't know how to properly fill it.

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

slims00ls1z28 is right about these cars... the '88s are the pick of the litter, and a car will only treat u as well as u treat it, right? I wish I could find a clean 88...
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\sig01.jpg

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

My buddy has one, I call it the flamming canary. Its bright ass yellow. Anyways, no lambo or ferrari kits, but it does have some clean lookin ground effects. He gets a lot of shit for it but if you think about it, its not that bad of a poor mans project car. He bought his out of a junk yard for just a few hundred bucks. Stripped the car. It has some kind of aftermarket tubular suspension with coil-overs, corvette brakes, 17" rims to clear the brakes, ground effects, paint, and blown 3800. I think he said hes on his third engine and the total cost of the car is still under $10k. I'll post pics sometime. I forget how much the car weighs soaking wet but I think its around 1600 lbs. Powered with a 300 hp v6, its a fast car for the dollar.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

With just a handful of mods a sc 3800 should put the fiero in the 12's easily.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information