Thread: z6125

Black
    2000 Z/28 Coupe

z6125

Hey,
    I drive a 2000 z/28 with 35000 on it. I used replace every 2 years but can't now. Waiting for the new one. I'm looking for a better sound without getting too involved. Anybody ever heard of accelerator mufflers by Cole Muffler? Any other ideas?

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

never heard of them. Borla makes a great muffler. thats what I have. very good sound, AND performance. Its expensive though. I think i paid 600 or something for mine. I here Magnaflow makes a good muffler too for both sound and performance. not quite as good, but its a little cheaper. hope this helps. The borla you can adjust to run without the muffler, or through it, by adjusting some plates in it. I just keep them out and bypass the muffler all together. You can also consider a set of electronic cutouts from DMHperformance.com Ive got them on too and just run through my headers and cats. They sound very sick! not too much money either, and they will help performance.

Black
    2000 Z/28 Coupe

z6125

Thanks for the info

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

I just went to a good exhaust shop and had the stock muffler removed and put a 3" pipe straight out the back. It was not too loud, especially in the car, and it scared the other guys in the SS class.

Thread Information