Thread: ws6 toy

blk
    01ws6

ws6 toy

new member needs advise last year i purchased an 01 ws6 6 spd car ran cind of funny i am a truck driver so only put 1100 miles on it since also maine winters find it in garage. when i purchased it it seemed like someone had switched some parts the speedo was way off and it seemed to stumble at lower rpm.put 4 10 gears in now the speedo is right on over 3000 rpm this car just turns on. this leads me to beleive someone has been in the computer.ok now for my question.it is almost time for the cars long winter nap.thought about changing motor but do not have lift. can i put cam heads and long tubes on this vehicle without dropping the engine?would like to make these mods and will buy program for laptop to tune also took the car out one evening a ujoint let go and i seem to have a severe transmision fluid leak any advise before i pull the tailshaft apart?i am 50 years old used to be a gearhead as a young man i havent had a muscle car in over 25 years i dont care if it idles rough i just drive it for fun any input appreciated also looking for the best bang for my buck .

98 Formula
    06 duramax

all of those parts can be installed without pulling the engine. LS1howto.com has write ups for most or all of those parts.
    What does your MAF look like? Is it de-screened and are you running a K&N filter? Might have oil build up on the MAF and that could cause your idle issue. If you can find someone local to read the pcm you can compare it to a stock 01 file and see if anythings been changed.
    Can you tell where the fluid is coming from? Front or rear of the tranny? Could be a rear tranny seal or just a pan gasket. Post up your questions in the general help section as there is more traffic in that section and you'll get better/faster answers there.

Thread Information