Red
    1999 Camaro Z28

WOW this is GREAAAT !

Hey guys glad I found you ! I hope to share some great stuff and also learn some too! I have a 1999 camaro Z28 Convertible and am currently working on upgrading it.It only has 40,000 miles and I was worried at first about messing with it but hey I'm a car guy and horsepower is a must.I just put in my upgraded PCM with the egr . AIR , Evap and rear 02 deleted.I also raised the rpm limit and top MPH and deleted the Vats system. The car doesn't seem to mind the changes it runs pretty much the same so far as I have removed the aforementioned and I am going to be working on installing a new Performace products 96MM intake and throttle body .I also have Holley polished aluminum valve covers and all new MSD coils and MSd plug wires.Does anyone know what is a good spark plug to use with these upgrades??I also have a granatelli Mass Airflow Sensor. I am still looking for a complete exhaust setup including headers without the cats and emissions .Anyone have any recommendations??Great to meet you all looking forward to many great projects ! Take care and talk to you soon! Bob

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Bob! Post up a few pictures when you get a chance. Also, check out the tech section. There are a lot of stickies in there with good info

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

To be honest, the stock coils will do you just fine. If you don't already have the PP throttle body and intake i recommend an LS6 intake and porting your stock throttle body. Since you have a 99 your car came with an ls1 intake, later years came with the ls6 style intake which alone can give you a nice bump in power for a relatively low price. Also your stock MAF sensor is what you want to run, the car is tuned to run with it so many advise not changing it. As for plugs lots like NGK TR55s, acdelco iridiums are also a good choice. Besides that Welcome to the site and post up some pics of the ride!

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

Welcome to the site.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and welcome.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Red
    1999 Camaro Z28

Tatertot thanks for the info but I do already have them. Guess for looks i'll go for it and see what they do other than dress uo the under hood .I knew the MSD Coils didn't do anything but empty your wallet but I was too late before I found out about them not having any performance gain.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

No problem, the coils don't do much but i wouldn't mine having em under my hood anyways haha. Since you got it all slap it all on there but the only thing i'll advise against is the MAF, it will throw off your air fuel tables and can cause more damage than good.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome Bob! Always good to have another Keystoner join the ranks. We'll be at GM Carlisle in June again this year with our site booth -- come say "hey" if you can make it.

Thread Information