Mystic Teal Blue
    2000 Z28 Convertible

Wayward ls1 member return to the flock!

i joined ls1.com around 7 years ago, after purchasing a 2000 m6 convertible and looking for information on the internet i discovered the ls1.com website. i joined and within the first week of owning my first new car i was cutting the air cleaner for better breathing, thinking "wouldn't it be funny if i cut throught the ac condersor, on a brand new car" but i knew that the better a car can breath, the faster it will go. i was also on the first group buy for the slp loudmouth, didn't know what it would sound like but i never liked the stock exhaust, way to quiet. well it's seven years latter and i thought it would be easier to reregister since i haven't made a post in several years (how times flies when you get old). i am very to close to my seven year aniversary with my 2000 z ragtop (mystic teal blue) i bought the car july 2000. the warranty has run out and the monsoon speaker has been blown out for the past year, i bought some new one off ebay and repalced it today with the help of ls1.com. this website is great, it was a pleasure to rejoin and to write this post to share with other ls1ers? my convert is my daily driver, seven years pretty reliable, yes i can still hear after all that time behind the loudmouth (what an awesume exhaust, especially with the top down). well time to get another beer, it sure is nice to have all four speakers working again. i shure would like to meet the pinhead that designed that monsoon stereo and tell him what a crappy job he or she did. greetings from vero beach florida, feels good to be home again henry

pie
    free

Howdy and welcome back.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Hi Jack,
    Welcome back, I am in the same boat as you. I bought my 2000 T/A (Midnight Blue Pearl Metallinc) back in 2001 AFTER I had joined the group. Being in the military at the time, I moved around too much to keep up with posting so I only read other peoples posts from time to time to get ideas and such. I'm glad to be back again though. I hope to hear from others with tips and tricks to use on my car.

I also wanted to ask you what speakers you got for your car... I have read over and over that you can't really replace them because they are very unique to the Monsoon system. If there is a suitable replacement, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks, and once again, welcome back...

Jorge
    Last edited by RAWS6; 07-24-2007 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Added a question

Thread Information