Thread: New TA owner

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Convertible

New TA owner

Hey all, I am the proud new owner of a 2002 WS6 TA. It is pewter with black leather interior. It has the all mighty 6 speed manual hurst shifter I was looking for, and it has the beautiful convertible top I wanted. Not to mention it only has 14k miles!!!
    After running the numbers and bugging the dealer for additional information, I found out this was an ASC overflow car that was sent to SLP where it got its WS6 package along with the Blackwing breather box.
    It also has the SLP exhaust from headers all the way back to the tips SLP is stamped all over it. I am not sure if I will keep it though, it is a really raspy exhaust I like the deeper rumbly exhaust more.
    I am new to all this 4th gen stuff. I had a 3rd gen 87 bird years ago but was nothing at all like this. Sooo where are the best places to look for aftermarket/upgrade products?
    Just wanted to jump on and introduce myself, say hi, and go play in my new car some more.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! Nice find on a low mileage WS.6. Check out some of the site sponsors -- KY Speed has all sorts of upgrades available, and both Third_Shift|Studios and Afterthoughts Auto have great dress up items to personalize your car. Any specific plans?

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Convertible

Thanks. Not sure on what to do with her. I dont want to make a drag car or anything, I had a vet for that. I was thinking about starting with subframe connectors, then on to strut tower bar, then on to some power adders. I have read that the first thing to do is install new pushrods. So I guess I will do push rods, lifters, rocker arms and cam all at the same time so I dont have to keep pulling it out. That sound right?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by tmemastr View Post
    Thanks. Not sure on what to do with her. I dont want to make a drag car or anything, I had a vet for that. I was thinking about starting with subframe connectors, then on to strut tower bar, then on to some power adders. I have read that the first thing to do is install new pushrods. So I guess I will do push rods, lifters, rocker arms and cam all at the same time so I dont have to keep pulling it out. That sound right?

SFC's were my first chassis mod. The STB gets mixed reviews around here -- unless you are autocrossing they apparently do not do a whole lot. But they do look nice. Pushrods are not a bad idea as a mis-shift at high revs can wipe one out. May as well change them out while you are doing the cam install.

Thread Information