Black
    98 Trans-Am

Smile New from southern Indiana

Hello everyone, I started out with a 1980 mustang with an inline 6 and then to a 1984 mustang gt. Went looking for a truck and found a 95 Camaro with a 3.4 but the sales lady might have persuaded me. Drove the V6 for a while but longed for a Z28. Year or so went by and a friend of mine calls me to let me know his mom is trading in her 94Z28. She was the 2nd owner and I became the third, traded in the 95 V6 for her 94 Z28. When I got the car it had 42,000 miles on it. This was in around 1998-99. Forest green with cloth interior. Completely stock but I quickly added a Flowmaster and 4 inch tailpipes. Gutted the cat. Window tint and of course upgraded the tunes. Loved this car like crazy. Had it for a couple years and even bought an old beater to drive to work to keep the miles down on her. Well life and kids happened and unfortunately I had to let the Z go. Always had my eyes on trans ams. So now (many years later) I am the proud owner of a black 1998 Trans Am with t-tops dark grey leather and 53,000 completely original miles. Im the 3rd owner. It spent most of its life in a climate controlled garage and it shows. I’m in love all over again.

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Welcome to the site Rickie !! Nice snag on the T/A !�� . Hard to beat a black bird ! That’s a good story , I have one similar where life and family become more important than cars. Tell us more details about the car. There’s a lot of good resources and knowledgeable people on this site so reach out ! ��
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site and congrats on your T/A!

Black
    98 Trans-Am

Thanks guys. I’m going to do a few upgrades on the TA but only thing so far is tint and in process of swapping all lights with leds. I can’t get over how clean it is so I’m a bit nervous about it. And the good ol Indiana weather just won’t let me get her out much yet. I definitely want it louder. Stock exhaust sounds good but it needs to be louder for sure. The monsoon stereo isn’t going to cut it either so I’m trying to decide what to replace all the audio with. I do plan on some performance upgrades but nothing radical. I’ve looked at some ram air hoods and a splitter but haven’t pulled the trigger on either yet. Soon as I figure out how I’ll post some pics.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Have fun with it.

You may want to look into getting the bezel for the 1.5 din modified to fit a double din. I never understood why the Monsoon system was a 1.5 din

Black
    98 Trans-Am

I looked at a few different options on the double din bezel but haven’t made up my mind since this bird is so clean. So yes I’m overthinking it I guess. I really gotta get on this tho since the monsoon hasn’t survived the times. Back in the day they sounded amazing but the speakers are all shot. I’m ordering a new HU this week and I guess I’ll decide on the bezel then.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

See if you can track down another bezel from a junk yard or even ebay. That way you'll be able to modify one for a double din and keep your original bezel as well in case you're interested in keeping your stock parts.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

welcome to the site

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

welcome

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Belated welcome!

Black
    98 Trans-Am

Thank you all!