PINK/WHITE
    1957 OLDS

New to Site / Old to Life

Hi, I am a shop owner from Hopewell, NJ. Towing, collision, mechanical and performance repairs. Have had many street cars and a few race cars over the years. Have gone from nice calm 13 sec cars to a best of 9.90's with a Camaro 40 years ago, and an El Camino running consistent 10.30's in the same era. Now working on finishing a 30+ year project. I have a 1957 Olds Super 88 2 dr ht, an original 60k mile car, very nice. Started about 30 years ago, took the body off, rebuilt the whole chassis and drive line, spent tons on the drive line, got ready to paint and decided to put a chevy in it. Then started to put in an LT1 and a 4L60E..........then got the bright idea to buy a 1996 Impala SS........not what your thinking.........pulled the body off and adjusted the frame to fit perfectly under the 57, right down to the chassis end that the bumpers bolt to. Popped it on, got ready for paint again, and then decided to acquire a 99 LS1 from a Vette, with 28,000 miles. Then decided to change from the 4L60E to a T56, and thats where we are now. I found this site wondering around the net. I am now in need of a T56 98 up, complete take out, as well as the complete pully system with all the brackets an accessories, even if they need rebuilding. I also need to find out if the GTO set up is the same dimensionally as the Camaro/Firebird set up, as I was told they weren't, that they were the same as the Vette, but in honesty I have done no research on that yet? So here I am, 60 years old and still wondering when this hot rod disease is going to go away. I have build many cars, and we had a couple in Hemmings Muscle Car mag a while ago, an orange 69 El Camino SS, and a Chevelle SS. Both done at our shop. Sad to say I am pretty clueless to the LS motors, just getting into it, but am doing my car and soon behind a customer wants on in a 87 Chevelle and another is toying with having us put one in a 32 coupe. If I can ever be of help to anyone my e mail is Borocollision@aol.com. Hope to learn a lot here, and maybe help others. Thanks.
    Al Campbell
    Boro Collision & Towing

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to LS1.com, Al! Sounds like you've had some very nice cars and the current project sounds pretty cool as well. I'm sure you'll find that we have some very knowledgeable and helpful members here.

Enjoy the site

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and welcome. You should find all the info you need here.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Welcome to the site!

blue
    1999 TransAm

welcome aboard al, , this is a good community here

Thread Information