Thread: new to site

Red
    1999 Trans Am

new to site

Hi everyone im matt, ive had 3 fbodys and i just bought my newest one and it needs alot of work. Im sure ill have alot of questions so thanks in advance for any help.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

you most welcome in advance!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Greetings! What sort of work is it in need of?

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Well its a 99 Trans Am m6 it has 130k miles i bought it a month ago for $2300....But it needed a new clutch and the trans rebulit. I figured it was a good deal (ive since been told it wasnt) and i had alot of parts left over from my other cars, heads, cam, intake etc. so i pulled the trans and clutch and ive just kinda been lazy with it since then. This is my first m6 so i'll have alot of questions while it goes back together. thanks again everyone and sorry for the long post.

n/a
    n/a

What goin on everybody. No ls1 yet but soon to have one

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by mw98transam View Post
    Well its a 99 Trans Am m6 it has 130k miles i bought it a month ago for $2300....But it needed a new clutch and the trans rebulit. I figured it was a good deal (ive since been told it wasnt) and i had alot of parts left over from my other cars, heads, cam, intake etc. so i pulled the trans and clutch and ive just kinda been lazy with it since then. This is my first m6 so i'll have alot of questions while it goes back together. thanks again everyone and sorry for the long post.

If the rest of the car is in decent shape -- nice interior, no body damage, and not a rust bucket underneath -- I don't think you did too bad. Lots of members have that many miles plus on their cars and they are still going strong.

RED (M6)
    2001 Camaro SS 13.39@106

Quote Originally Posted by mw98transam View Post
    Hi everyone im matt, ive had 3 fbodys and i just bought my newest one and it needs alot of work. Im sure ill have alot of questions so thanks in advance for any help.
    I'm new also and this is my 3rd F-Body as well. Im in the process of trying to figure out where to go from stock. (other than SLP intake & exhaust). I am about to do tne the basics, TB bypass, swap out stock spark plugs (NGK TR55 maybe) Eibach Pro Kit (want the clearance for upcomming headers). Any ideas my way would help as well. I cant decide if I want to do the FAST 90/90 or Headers first. Or just wait until I can do both at the same time.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor Avionics View Post
    I'm new also and this is my 3rd F-Body as well. Im in the process of trying to figure out where to go from stock. (other than SLP intake & exhaust). I am about to do tne the basics, TB bypass, swap out stock spark plugs (NGK TR55 maybe) Eibach Pro Kit (want the clearance for upcomming headers). Any ideas my way would help as well. I cant decide if I want to do the FAST 90/90 or Headers first. Or just wait until I can do both at the same time.

Welcome also! You should post up your own introduction under a new thread if you have not yet done so.

Headers and exhaust work should probably come first. If you are an A4 swapping out the torque converter to attain at least a 3,400 - 3,600 stall is supposed to be a great mod. Just be sure to add a tranny cooler along with it. Also, a mail order tune from Frost (site sponser) should be considered after your mods are completed. You also have appearance mods, such as deleting the secondary air system, wire hide, underhood dress up items, etc... that are all nice touches. Subframe connectors are also a great idea on these cars.

Anchorage? Love it! Been up three times over the last several years. My brother resides over by Flattop. If you see his '66 Porsche:

Throw him a rev and then dust his ass!

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    If the rest of the car is in decent shape -- nice interior, no body damage, and not a rust bucket underneath -- I don't think you did too bad. Lots of members have that many miles plus on their cars and they are still going strong.
    Its in decent shape. The interior isnt too bad just the normal wear spot on the drivers side seat, no major body damage oher than rock chips. it came with an aftermarket hood im not too fond of because it doesnt fit very good. Other than the things i mentioned before it seems to be ok.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Welcome!
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Thread Information