Thread: A new oldie

RED
    BMW Z3

A new oldie

Hi all you fun lovin petrolheads !! You can't call it a mid-life crises as I am fast approching 64yrs, but this ex-roadracer English guy needs guidence in buying a piece of V8 muscle. I live part of the year in Spain where I have a 'chipped' 2.8 BMW Z3, but now my wife and I have bought a condo in Florida we will be looking to buy American - of course!
    The weather down there being as it is, I would prefer a convertible , and although initially I thought on the lines of a Mustang, the Camaro seems to offer better performance, and road holding,with a bit more room in the back. Our budget of only $5,000 or so is retricting, and although I love the spec. of the LS1 with it's alloy block, I think we have to be realistic and look for a LT1version.
    Both the Corvette and Firebird have also been considered but value for your buck seems to come down in favour of the Camaro would you all agree out there?
    Bazza

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bazzajc View Post
    Hi all you fun lovin petrolheads !! You can't call it a mid-life crises as I am fast approching 64yrs, but this ex-roadracer English guy needs guidence in buying a piece of V8 muscle. I live part of the year in Spain where I have a 'chipped' 2.8 BMW Z3, but now my wife and I have bought a condo in Florida we will be looking to buy American - of course!
    The weather down there being as it is, I would prefer a convertible , and although initially I thought on the lines of a Mustang, the Camaro seems to offer better performance, and road holding,with a bit more room in the back. Our budget of only $5,000 or so is retricting, and although I love the spec. of the LS1 with it's alloy block, I think we have to be realistic and look for a LT1version.
    Both the Corvette and Firebird have also been considered but value for your buck seems to come down in favour of the Camaro would you all agree out there?
    Bazza

welcome to the site... check out the vehicles for sale section here... also check your local craigs list and autotrader...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome! Good luck on the search -- let us know what you find and post up some pics.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Welcome to the forum!

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome!

And good luck with your search. 5k will be a restriction, but, unfortunately for us, but good for you, is the fact that our cars have come down in price over the last year.

Keep us updated

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would be fairly concerned about what kinda vert you're going to be able to buy for $5k. The LT1's are a decent car but the optispark on them is notorious for going out and expensive to fix.

RED
    BMW Z3

new oldie

Thank you one and all for taking the trouble to reply to my request for advice, I have taken all on board and will let you know when I find a suitable steed!! In the meantime I see there is a converible LS1 up in Galax VA for $7500 I wonder if he might come down !!!!!!

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I think you could find a lt1 for that price range. You'll have to be realistic that your not going to get a low mileage car. I'm not biased or anything, but I really liked the LT1 T/A design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...item518fa100ea

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...item3a566eaa54

Thread Information