Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New old guy

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

New old guy

Hi everyone.. i used to be a member of this site like 7 years ago when i had my first Fbody. i had to sell it due to some issues with the wife ( exwife now) spent the last 7 years looking for the doppelganger to my old car and well this week i found her and she gets delivered today!! im so glad to be a proud WS6 owner again... pics will be up later she gets delivered later today!

Zac

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome back, Zac, and congrats on finding your doppelganger

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thanks its good to be back!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats and welcome back!

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

yup im dumb cant figure out how to upload pics!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Pics need to be uploaded to a free photo hosting site like Photobucket. From there, you simply copy and paste the [IMG] code for the pic into your post on here.

White
    2002 WS6

Congrats on your find bud!
    10secWS6 If you can't swing it, then don't bring it

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Remember next time that it's cheaper to keep her. That's how I got my 04 GTO to go with my 02 SS
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

ive got photobucket but when i click on the Image url thing and paste it here it tells me its denied due to some forbidden something or the other idk.

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Ive done the photobucket thing but everytime i copy the link i get a message saying its denied due to some sort of forbidden text or code or whatnot thingy majig

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Hmm. You may need to get past the 10 post/10 day membership requirement to be able to add pics to your posts. We were getting nailed with internet spammers a while back, so our Site Administrator revised the security settings to cut back on the garbage.

What all do you have for mods?

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

As far as I can tell since we just got it last week it has LT headers, SLP Straight pipes, BMR tower brace, drilled and slotted rotors, and a 4L85E transmission!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Good mix of mods. Has the tunnel been "hammer tuned" to fit the 85 trans? Any plans for some more upgrades -- if so, a set of subframe connectors would be a good first choice.

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Idk maybe just lower it (which I consider subframes to be a must) and leave it be for awhile my last ws6 I put the twin APS TURBO system on it, strange s60 rear, and was a lot of money to not have anything to show for it to this day! Vengeance racing did all of my work and I'm sure if I do anything to my car even though I don't live in Ga anymore I will order through them because they took great care of me! But now you have me talking about it a bigger intake manifold and throttle body, and some pullies nothing crazy! A

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm not sure I follow with the tunnel been hammer tuned? Like but everything fits lol

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The "80" series transmissions are based on the good ole Turbo 400 with the addition of an overdrive and have a bigger case than the "60" series transmissions that are derived from the 700R4. I always understood that to stick a 400 or an 80 in our cars that you had to massage the transmission tunnel with a hammer.

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Ahh well however they did it idk it's in there and it works wonderfully

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I went with a Performabuilt Level II 4L60E in our car together with a 3,200 stall. That combo dropped my quarter mile times by 4/10ths and has worked great so far. Next up for ours is a new fuel pump. Georgia to Utah? Does that mean you just joined the "I have to park my car for four to five months out of the year" club?

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I went with a Performabuilt Level II 4L60E in our car together with a 3,200 stall. That combo dropped my quarter mile times by 4/10ths and has worked great so far. Next up for ours is a new fuel pump. Georgia to Utah? Does that mean you just joined the "I have to park my car for four to five months out of the year" club?
    i grew up in Utah went to GA because i joined the Army... now im out and im back home.... and although i wont drive it in the snow if the streets are dry ima fly i dont care whats on the grass lol

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

They salt and cinder the crap out of everything here. No way our play cars will see the road for at least another month.

Metallic Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6

The winter wasnt too bad its march and already we are almost to 60 degrees... im liking it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information