Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Ohio

VERITAS / AEQUITAS T/A Addicted's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

New from Ohio

Hello all. My first post. I am a new LS1 owner // long time fan! I have dreamed for years, but career/wife/kids were the priority. I am finally at that point and ohhh yeah it feels good. I have read many of your threads by internet searches landing on member post but never was a chat kinda guy, so I just read the opinions and followed suggestions from the sidelines. The user name came from my wife, she has said it to me damn near on a daily basis since I my original purchase. I have sank around $3000 into my baby so far and cant wait for more. Thanks for the help!!!

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

Welcome! Where in Ohio? I'm moving to Columbus next week, so you may see my NBM loud TA cruising around soon!

Never can be too Addicted!
    2000 WS6 TA #2946 - A4, Best 1/4: 12.5s @111mph.
    SLP LTs, 228r Cam, SY 3500, Shift kit, LS6 intake, underdrive pulleys, lid, p&p TB, Borla w/ cutout, Pro-kit springs, poly all around, Hotchkis suspension, 3.90 gears, tuned.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

welcome,cincy boy herepost sum pics of the car

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

I work in Columbus but live by Marysville. I havent taken any pics yet. Plan to soon. Then it will be the challenge of getting them on here. Is there a place to put them in my profoile?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds like you have your priorities in order now. Welcome to the site.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Yes there is a place in your profile if you go to user cp in the upper left of ls1.com
    and welcome to the sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Look at her Moms ass.....it is more accurate than a crystal ball.....is this where I wanna be in 25 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Oh I forgot. You kids invented sex/drugs and rock n roll. We just wandered around holding our dicks waiting for you punk ass blowhards to come along and tell us what to do.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Welcome! What all have you done to her?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

So far I put on SLP Y Pipe / Borla Cat Back Exhaust / SLP air box / K&N Air Filter / SLP Sub frame connectors / SLP 85mm MAF / SLP Cold Air Induction /Un-baffled my hood /Smooth Bellows / playing with the Hyper Tech Max energy programmer / strut tower brace / Edlebrock Performer AIS Shocks front and rear / F-Body Suspension Front and rear sway bar kit / GM updated PCV Valve / EBC Ultimax drilled&slotted rotors / Hawk brake pads / Painted my calipers red with Trans AM graphics / K&N Oil Filter and Royal Purple Oil change /

Dress up Outside - overlays Pontiac rear & license plate bird / Black bird hood graphics / American Muscle windshield graphic (had the TA overlays didnt like um - took um back off)

Dress up Inside - WS-6 custom floor mats/ matching storage box for the rear/

Dress up Engine bay - Hood Mirrors / graphics / battery and fuse box covers / filled in corvette fuel rail covers /

Most of this has come from WS-6.com

Next payday =
    GM In-Line Fuel Filter
    V8 NGK TR55-IX Spark Plugs
    LS1 Granatelli Motor Sports Plug Wires
    LS1 160 Degree Thermostat
    Quick Time Electric Exhaust Cutout

ANY SUGGESTIONS AFTER THAT? (I still want to use it as a daily driver in good weather though)

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

headers

98 Formula
    06 duramax

welcome to the site. Good to see another central Ohio person on the board. I live southeast of Columbus in Lancaster. My vote is also for headers unless you're an auto car then stall. I see some things in your mod list I probably would've done differently but everyone does things a little differently and as long as you're happy with it then that's what matters.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS SLP M6

Its nice to more Ohio people. welcome. we should all meet up sometime.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

Orion I am an auto car (I know boooooo.) I was debating a stall but not sure what to get or how ot effects daily driving as for the mods u would do different lay it on me that's why I joined

98 Formula
    06 duramax

all of my cars are auto's....I prefer them. I run a 3500 in mine and it could easily be daily driven. I would say 3200-3600 depending on if you have plans for a cam down the road.
    As far as your mods list there's really nothing wrong with it..... just a couple things I would've done differently. I wouldn't have put the Y-pipe on because at some point you will most likely end up with headers and that Y will be no good to you. Granted, you can possibly sell it and get a little of your money back but it was work done twice. Know what I'm saying? I would've put that money and the MAF money together and just bought headers and you would've ended up ahead of the game power wise and work wise. The stock MAF is fine up to the point you either go forced induction or a really huge cam. I would've passed on the hypertech also and put that money towards a full editor such as hptuners and a wideband O2. The hand helds are very limited as far as what you can do with them where as an editor is only limited by your knowledge and you can always read and increase your knowledge. Tuning without a wideband is a guessing game so I always recommend people get one.
    On your upcoming mods I would swap the granatelli wires for msd's. MSD wires do just fine and are half price of the granatelli's. The same goes for iridium plugs. The regular TR55's are $2.69 a piece at KYSpeed. You could do plugs and wires for quite a bit less than just the wires.
    That's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    all of my cars are auto's....I prefer them. I run a 3500 in mine and it could easily be daily driven. I would say 3200-3600 depending on if you have plans for a cam down the road.
    As far as your mods list there's really nothing wrong with it..... just a couple things I would've done differently. I wouldn't have put the Y-pipe on because at some point you will most likely end up with headers and that Y will be no good to you. Granted, you can possibly sell it and get a little of your money back but it was work done twice. Know what I'm saying? I would've put that money and the MAF money together and just bought headers and you would've ended up ahead of the game power wise and work wise. The stock MAF is fine up to the point you either go forced induction or a really huge cam. I would've passed on the hypertech also and put that money towards a full editor such as hptuners and a wideband O2. The hand helds are very limited as far as what you can do with them where as an editor is only limited by your knowledge and you can always read and increase your knowledge. Tuning without a wideband is a guessing game so I always recommend people get one.
    On your upcoming mods I would swap the granatelli wires for msd's. MSD wires do just fine and are half price of the granatelli's. The same goes for iridium plugs. The regular TR55's are $2.69 a piece at KYSpeed. You could do plugs and wires for quite a bit less than just the wires.
    That's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Opinions? Opinions are like assholes... everybody has one!

My question is why does everyone run the TR55's in lieu of platinums or iridiums? The plugs are such fun to change on the F-bodies. I guess I do not really understand the logic of installing the cheaper plug which has a shorter life span.

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

I'm an A4 guy too. Debated a manual but was doing too much traffic time around Detroit. Got a 3500 stall with 228R cam... good combo. Sometimes I want more, but I need more track runs to see.

I move to Columbus tonight actually... been living there 14 months for work... now it's official... I'm an Ohioan. (Is that what they say?)

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

orion thanks for the input

hey 666 were u barking them at carriage place (bethel and sawmill) last night around 130am

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    I'm an Ohioan. (Is that what they say?)
    buckeyes maybe?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Opinions? Opinions are like assholes... everybody has one!

My question is why does everyone run the TR55's in lieu of platinums or iridiums? The plugs are such fun to change on the F-bodies. I guess I do not really understand the logic of installing the cheaper plug which has a shorter life span.
    you should never let your plugs go 100k miles or whatever iridiums advertise on a performance car IMO. I change mine every year usually. Once you do plugs a few times it's a cake walk. I pull my plugs and look them over and replace them pretty much every year whether they need it or not. Even on regular plugs you can get several years worth out of them. Why spend $7 on a plug that you should be pulling and checking after a couple years anyhow? and if you pull and check them why not replace them?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you should never let your plugs go 100k miles or whatever iridiums advertise on a performance car IMO. I change mine every year usually. Once you do plugs a few times it's a cake walk. I pull my plugs and look them over and replace them pretty much every year whether they need it or not. Even on regular plugs you can get several years worth out of them. Why spend $7 on a plug that you should be pulling and checking after a couple years anyhow? and if you pull and check them why not replace them?

Okay - that at least makes sense to me, especially when we are buying 8 spark plugs. I was never one to fall for advertising hype, but I understood the iridium and platinum plugs to be more durable simply because of their composition.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

How do you create an album??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information