Thread: New Member

97 Camaro Z28

Hello everyone my name is Dave from Tollesboro, KY. Although I have owned a 97 Y Body with LS1, I am more of an LT series kinda guy previously owning a 95 Impala SS, and presently I own a 97 Z28 Camaro in the Z4C scheme. I am more knowledgeable of LT series and am presently doing a lot of work and mods to this car. I will hold on to this car. Some members on here I already know but hope to meet many of you in the future.

Dave

Bright blue metallic
    1999 z28

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you have a nice ride.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to LS1.com, Dave

97 Camaro Z28

Thanks 95cam86roc! Talk about nice ride...that 99 blue metallic Z28 you have is absolutely gorgeous! My ride has a ways to go...lol but its getting there!

Dave

97 Camaro Z28

KahannaReef...I'm kinda partial to Artic White Camaro's ;-) thanks for the welcome!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! Any pics of the Z?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 97Z4CZ28 View Post
    KahannaReef...I'm kinda partial to Artic White Camaro's ;-) thanks for the welcome!
    I've often said that myself Post up some pictures of yours

97 Camaro Z28

Well here is a pic of the car as it was when I first obtained it. Not the best photos...but. Stock motor, when comes time to do rebuild plan to stroke it out to a 383. Trans is 4L60E, which I plan to swap out to a built 4L80E when I stroke to 383, has shift kit and aftermarket stall. Moser 12 bolt rear end with 3.73 gears. Have a set of ZR1 style deep dish 17 X 9.5s for fronts and 17 X 11s for rears with Nittos all around to go on when she is ready to roll again. These are going to be painted artic white as well to match the car! Pacesetter LT headers ceramic coated with O2 bungs, with Off road Y pipe, deleting cats, aftermarket cat back with stock tips. I am maintaining the EGR system however as I feel LT1s tend to run better with EGR in tact although I know you can tune it out, but removing EGR doesn't accomplish anything in my view and can create more issues than its worth. I have deleted the Air pump system though. POLY bushings all around, motor mounts, tranny, end links, sway bars, torque arm. Aftermarket Panhard rod, LCA's, Torque Arm in as far as suspension mods this far. Have many other things in the process of doing as well. And eventually plan to repaint car, taking doors, hatch, hood, and everything else off so it can be done right and paint the stripes on versus decals. It IS a work in progress!

Pic of what engine bay looked like when I first got the car. Pic doesn't show it but dirty, rusty...ah doesn't cut it in my book lol!

Here is what it looked like once engine bay was repainted. Also, notice hood with liner removed...this nasty thing will be getting repainted as well ha ha! The engine bay was in much need of some help, dirt, rust and such, so I ripped everything out and off and in the process of replacing every bolt, nut, hose (AC lines and radiator/heat hoses), clamps (stainless polished), complete stainless polished hex head bolt kit, all new accessories (everything), completely stripped, sanded, primed and repainted the entire engine bay. ALL hoses, accessories, and other parts are original AC Delco parts. Powdercoated intake orange, accessory bracket black, all mount brackets black, oil pan, POR-15 the block orange, new valve covers, completely redone wiring harness re-tapped and new wire loom, OTVC wires/brackets. So you get the picture of what I am doing.

A few pics of once block was painted Chevy orange, and firewall and frame rails were finished painted artic white, of course K member semi gloss black. I am almost ready to put it all back together and will begin doing so this week as matter of fact. Should get it done and to the tuner in time to drive it a few times before putting away for the winter as it is NOT a daily driver.

Last edited by 97Z4CZ28; 09-22-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Damn nice work.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Good job. Keep us updated

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to LS1!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Welcome!!..Damn i remember seeing that car while managing service station. I liked its color scheme. Your rides sweet!..Not too many around-rare huh? Looks good.

97 Camaro Z28

Thanks for the kind words and welcomes! This is def a labor of love. Will post a complete post on it at a later date in the appropriate section.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site. Nice ride. I love the orange and white.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome aboard. Nice ride!
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

97 Camaro Z28

Thanks for the kind words and welcomes! This is def a labor of love. Will post a complete post on it at a later date in the appropriate section.

Thread Information