Thread: new to ls1.com

Black
    2004 GTO

Post new to ls1.com

im new to ls1 .com.i joined for a few reasons and im hoping to get some useful information from this site.i have an 04 gto ls1.borla exhaust and some aftermarket bolt ons.when i bought the car it came with an aftermarket 80mm bbk throttle body and it has a 1/2 spacer,that goes into a k&n "aircharger" or cold air intake kit that was installed by the previous owner using the stock mass air flow sensor followed by the cone filter.car runs good it just is throwing a check engine light saying system running to lean.not enough fuel to gas ratio too much air ? i have an after market slp m.a.f sensor also just not installed..with everything running it makes sort of a tea kettle that is whistling sound when it idles...when i rev it up or drive it,it goes away.i just purchased the car ...should i return it back to stock for now ?or could i get it tuned or use bigger injectors? computer chip? install aftermarket m.a.f. sensor?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Welcome!

I wouldn't bother installing that SLP MAF. As far as your code issues, try cleaning your current MAF for now.

As far as your next upgrade, it really depends on your goals.

Also, if you have more questions, try starting a new thread in the tech sections, you'll get more responses that way.

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

haha great username haha love it & welcome!!!!
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! As KM posted, clean the MAF with CRC MAF cleaner and then check the piping for any air leaks. If air is entering the system after the MAF it is not being accounted for. Vacuum leaks can also result in this same issue.

The MAF table in your tune has to match what your MAF's actual output is reporting for airflow. Alterations to the intake ducting, repositioning of the MAF, modifying the MAF housing, or running anything other than the stock MAF can all adversly affect this. Generally, a stock MAF will get you to 500 hp in our cars.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Welcome to LS1.com.

Thread Information