Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New kid here

New kid here

Hey guys, my name's Brady. I've been trolling around here for a while and finally joined. I'm only 17 but would say I'm pretty knowledgeable about these cars/motors. Been around cars my whole life and spend way too much of my time researching. Of course there's always way more to learn.

Anyways looks like I'm gonna get an LS1 Camaro in a couple months so I figured I'd join now. I've already started planning out my mods and can't wait to get going. Thanks for everything in advance, I know how helpful and cool these communities are.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Hey guys, my name's Brady. I've been trolling around here for a while and finally joined. I'm only 17 but would say I'm pretty knowledgeable about these cars/motors. Been around cars my whole life and spend way too much of my time researching. Of course there's always way more to learn.

Anyways looks like I'm gonna get an LS1 Camaro in a couple months so I figured I'd join now. I've already started planning out my mods and can't wait to get going. Thanks for everything in advance, I know how helpful and cool these communities are.
    Welcome!!!

First thing I would like to say is please stay away from SLP.. that is all!

Thanks and definately agree with the SLP thing! I might get a lid from them but that's about it. High prices and overinflated hp gain claims aren't really my thing. Haha

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Thanks and definately agree with the SLP thing! I might get a lid from them but that's about it. High prices and overinflated hp gain claims aren't really my thing. Haha
    Sounds like you have done the research.. my work is done here

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

How much bank you got? 14,500 could get you a supercharged black ss.

I'm trying to figure everything out. Being that I will be funding everything 100%, no handouts from mommy and daddy, I don't want to blow my limited budget on things that I'll have to redo. Do it once and do it right. No extra money for mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    How much bank you got? 14,500 could get you a supercharged black ss.
    That sounds tempting but it's more then I wanna spend. Sounds sick though. Mind telling me more about it?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The posting expired, forged ls-6 motor, supercharged, 12 bolt, 470whp on stock manifolds. Just look on craigslist there is a bunch of deals out there since we are all broke.
    Tell you what, I bought my z-28 for 13,500 because a vette cost 18,000. Since then I have bought headers, manifold, tune, rims, springs, shocks, and now a set of worked heads. You say your happy but it's a lie-your never finished just go to the track and no one is ever satisfied if they tell you otherwise-well there full of shit. So if you find a car that is just a few g's more than what your comftorable w/ just ask what it will cost you to do it yourself/ then add on 1/3 on top of that because of unforseen events. For a head swap factor in new head bolts, gaskets, oil, coolant and tune. Do cam- cam, valve springs, pushrods, harmonic pulley puller, oil pump, timing chain, an easy days work or at least 400 in labor, then 400 for a tune.
    Shit adds up quick don't it
    Last edited by c5z28; 04-22-2009 at 12:09 AM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Most of us would have been driving vettes if we thought this far ahead

Yeah I know it's gonna add up fast. It's an expensive hobby but what else can we do? Seems like we just have to feed it. Thanks for the wisdom. Hopefully I don't get too out of hand with this car.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Yeah I know it's gonna add up fast. It's an expensive hobby but what else can we do? Seems like we just have to feed it. Thanks for the wisdom. Hopefully I don't get too out of hand with this car.
    Oh you will, whats the budget look like? I'm eager to help you spend
    This looks shady w/o pic provided but an example
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1134142468.html

That is way shady. That price is way too low for a C6. I wouldn't want a vette now anyways. Dads got a C5 so I can drive that when I have the vette earge, yes I know I'm lucky, but anyways I don't think young kids like me should have that much/nice of a car. Leaves too little room for improvement in the future. I do want a vette but after I graduate college. I love C5Z's!

Plus I have one more year of high school and I just know some idiot kid would key it the second they found out a kid had a vette in high school. It's just too much ya know.

So for now it's a lowly LS1 Camaro. That feels like the right car to have senior year. I think of 4th gen fbodys as the last true American muscle cars. Ya know, body made of metal, the sketchy dark interior, the sound of the door when you slam it sounding like metal and not a Benz, loud exhuast, relatively cheap to mod, tons of power, doesn't really like to turn. Modernized old school muscle, but still very old school. 5th gen Camaro's and Challengers and SOME Mustangs can be nice but it's just not the same anymore. Am I crazy over on my little tangent here or do you guys kinda get what I'm thinking?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

That is way shady. That price is way too low for a C6. I wouldn't want a vette now anyways. Dads got a C5 so I can drive that when I have the vette earge, yes I know I'm lucky, but anyways I don't think young kids like me should have that much/nice of a car. Leaves too little room for improvement in the future. I do want a vette but after I graduate college. I love C5Z's!

Plus I have one more year of high school and I just know some idiot kid would key it the second they found out a kid had a vette in high school. It's just too much ya know.

So for now it's a lowly LS1 Camaro. That feels like the right car to have senior year. I think of 4th gen fbodys as the last true American muscle cars. Ya know, body made of metal, the sketchy dark interior, the sound of the door when you slam it sounding like metal and not a Benz, loud exhuast, relatively cheap to mod, tons of power, doesn't really like to turn. Modernized old school muscle, but still very old school. 5th gen Camaro's and Challengers and SOME Mustangs can be nice but it's just not the same anymore. Am I crazy over on my little tangent here or do you guys kinda get what I'm thinking?

Only the quarter panels and frame are made of metal!!!

The lowly LS1 Camaro part, that was sarcastic. Forgot to put jk or haha after and don't want anyone taking that the wrong way. Don't wanna sound like a little bitch. I know these cars are awesome and I love them. LSX FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Only the quarter panels and frame are made of metal!!!
    Well that's gotta be better than the new ones. Haha what are the doors made out of? All I know is when you close the door on a 4th gen fbody it sounds like I want my muscle car door to sound like. And that's not like a Benz or BMW or anything like that.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Well that's gotta be better than the new ones. Haha what are the doors made out of? All I know is when you close the door on a 4th gen fbody it sounds like I want my muscle car door to sound like. And that's not like a Benz or BMW or anything like that.
    Doors are fiberglass skin Take a magnet to it.. aint much metal.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Doors are fiberglass skin Take a magnet to it.. aint much metal.
    Okay you win. Haha but you get what I'm saying right?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Okay you win. Haha but you get what I'm saying right?
    Yup hahah

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Last edited by c5z28; 04-22-2009 at 10:41 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108925
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111697
    Theres a great selection on ls1tech, you would be crazy not to go cross country for some of those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information