Thread: New Here

Silver

New Here

Hello guys I'm from PA have a 95 Lt1 6 speed. Love it!!! I am having some problems i hate to enter the site and start with a question right away but i am so tired of getting the run around on trying to get my car fixed. Here is my problem and i would appricate any help. My car was running a bit crappy missing, fluttering, cuts out at about 2500 to 3500 rpms, changed cap rotor (Opti) still did it. My brother does the work for me, He knows alot about the Lt1 and LS1 but he is ready to give up. I have been 4 weeks with out my car and am sick to even call and ask him what he came up with each day. But the car died 4 weeks ago and he said the fuel pump was bad so he replaced it, car did not start. So he said he thought it was the encoder in the opti (the little black module the disc goes threw) So he pulled one from another car and it still didn't work so i got new opti. he put it on and still the car will not go it will start at first then it dies. I asked about the pig tail that goes from the opti to the coil and he said he was changing it also. But again i call and got the tryed it and it's not working. He was convinced that it was the opti and he says he don't know what else to tell me. Please if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appricate them. I have bought plugs and wires also and he ws to put them on but i am to the point were i hate to even ask what he tried and didn't and i have even ask him to just tow it home but like i said i still don't have my car. I am grateful for all that he has done and i don't want to be a nag to him i understan he also has a life but i'm to the point I am almost afraid to even call him cause i wonder if he is going to snap at me or say i'll try on Friday. Please if anyone has any clues let me know so i can try to suggest it to him. Again car just died will crank but not start changed fuel pump then started and then died againchanged opti and started and died and then will not start again. Please HELP. Thank you!!!!!

chameleon
    98 T/A

sounds like you got the bird flu! eh hehe heh try the fuel filter and make sure that all the plugins for the opti are good look at the prongs make sure one is not bent or corosion issues. sometimes even new parts are faulty oh and check the clips on the opti sometimes they break offand they do not get good contact.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Stupid question.. but with all the probs.. is your battery low? As in its enough to turn it but not fire?
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i had the same problem and warranty got me a new opti spark. save your money and go msd opti suck i still miss fire. and the battery idea is not stupid, make sure you have a good ground too. mine did that when i had a bad ground so i went and bought a battery to block cable and no more problems. pm me if anymore questions. i did all the work myself so i can explain

Silver

Thank you guys for the input. I got my car back today. It runs great (knock on wood) It just felt so good to hit that gas and go. My brother changed the plugs and another opti. So after 4 weeks of my brother wanting to choke me and 4 opti's i finally got it back i was being to wonder if i would get it back before it was time to park it (for winter). But the battery is new to were i was alomost wondering if i had got a bad one or if it was a ground but i was also to the point were i was afraid to even call and suggest something else i don't think he likes getting advice from a Gal. But again THANK YOU ALL so much. I'll try to attach a pic of the car i'm new to all of this stuff. So hopefully i get it right.

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

congrats on gettin the bird flyin again, nice car

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Glad you got your car back.. in running order. Beautiful car! Nothing better than a clean sleak F-Body with a woman behind the wheel.. lol How we just need some pics with you in/on/next to the car.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Glad to hear you got it worked out and welcome to the site.

Red
    02 Camaro SS

Welcome to the site !!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=28288&dateline=115552  0088

Silver

Hello guys, Thanks for all the car info. Yes the bird is flying again and it is running so good it's great. As for pic i don't like my pic taken i like to be the pic taker. But that is good i don't think I have any pic's of me and the Car. Hubby is surprized he thinks i love the car more than him. LOL

01 NHRA n AZ

BLACK
    2001 NHRA edition TransAm

Welcome to the site!
    Funny. . .my wife KNOWS that I love the car more than her. She fought it for a while but has just come to accept it and has learned to deal with it! Besides. . .she loves racing on and off the track just as much as I do! I knew I married the right woman!

Thread Information