Black
    2002 T/A

New guy from Troy, MI.

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around this site off and on gathering info and drooling over cars. I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm able to afford a "toy" car now, and bought my twin brother's 02' T/A from him. He bought it a few years back after returning from Korea and being station in Kansas with the Army. I got out of the Army in September 2012 and since been in school for CAD Design. I'm 3 semesters into my 2 year degree and was hired on to Ford Motor Co. in their engine design team. That being said I'm finally able to afford a nice summer cruiser.

The car is a black 02' T/A 6spd with T-tops. It has over 100K miles, but a lot of work has been done to it since my brother had it. He put a completely new rear end, transmission overhaul, high performance clutch, SLP cat back, chrome ZO6 wheels, and brakes on it. A guy I knew in the Army ordered a bunch of parts for his 02' T/A while we were Afghanistan, and never ended up putting them on. I ended giving him $800 for a Lunati roller cam/lifters/rockers, pushrods, and sub-frame connectors. I think I got a steal on that one.

My plans are to tear the motor out this late summer or fall and have it setup to run a forged 383 stroker kit. Some other add-ons will be a FAST intake, bigger throttle body, injectors, heads, and headers for now. Over the winter I want to install all the fixings on the suspension as well as a 9" rear. I've read a lot how the 10 bolts are very weak on here. There are plenty of other improvements I have in mind, but I'm going to try and control myself for now.
    Last edited by EndGame; 02-13-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Craig! Make sure to keep us all updated once you start tearing down and rebuilding.

And, thank you for your service

Black
    2002 T/A

Thanks and I will definitely be sharing my progress with everyone!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats and welcome to the site!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome aboard.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome Craig
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Thread Information