sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

new guy in lawrenceville ga

whats up everyone? ok i bought my 18 yr old a 99 ws6 2 months ago got it home put a tranny in it,she has around 115 thousand and runs fine.he goes back and fourth to college with it.last week i traded my fatboy for an 02 ws6 to give to my 16 year old son,it has around 108 thousand on it.he called me last night and said dad the trannys blown.wtf is up with these wimpy 4l60e trannys,anyway im done cryin for now.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site. Probably a combination of abuse and a lack of maintenance on the part of prior owners.

Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

Welcome, the previous owner of my car had to get the transmission rebuilt when the car had only 26,000 miles or so. I know this doesn't really help, but its just my .02 cents, and I agree with pajeef02.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Welcome. and I feel your pain, I had an 02 Z71 p/u that had 7 trannys before 30k.... A big thing that is overlooked during the surgery is the T-Cooler.... make sure to flush it VERY WELL before ruining the next one due to overheating. When the clutchpacks shell, they can often clog the cooler in the radiator, leaving it stopped up, and unable to circulate fluid.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

cool i will do it , thanks

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Welcome to the site! Always expect these cars to have been abused when you buy one used. Thankfully, I bought mine used back in 2001 with 24k miles and have only had one minor issue since and it now has 47k miles. I found out the original owner took care of the car and it got mostly highway miles.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

sweet ride for a 16 year old!! too bad the tranny blown, but that happens sometimes my friends ws6 blew few months ago too, but he only had about 40k miles on it..

Welcome to the site

Pasted wings and foil rings do not an angel make

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

I have a 01 silverado and lost the trans at 135k. Now has over 200K and new trans is still ok. Its the best car-truck I have ever owned.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Wink

im having the guy that built the tranny for my 1st ws6 build me another for the 2nd.vette servo,upgraded valve body / shift kit,hardened shell,hd bands and clutches.ordering it thru an auto parts store my son works at,my cost should be around $ 1150.00 3 year warranty covers it fully thru the store.who wants to help me do a tranny swap this weekend ?

Thread Information