Black
    2001 WS6

New guy here. (Hope this is the correct section)

Hey fellas, new guy here. I couldn't seem to find the introductions so hopefully i don't get hazed too badly for posting this here. Just wanted to show off the car a little and put my name out there.

I come from mustangs and this is my first Gm car. Definitely a change and I've gotten plenty of smack talk from my friends, but I love the car.

It's a 2001 ws6. Picked it up a few months back with 113k on the clock and have done a few things here and there to improve it a little.
    Installed the BMR springs, SS long tubes and swapped my LM1 muffler with a magnaflow for a little more subtle sound. The car desperately needs new shocks after the lowering. Maybe some of you guys can share what budget friendly struts and shocks you have put on your rides that's made improvements over the worn out stockers.
    I also will be needing a tune soon. From all the reading I've done, it appears that frost is going to be my best bet.
    But that's enough talking, on to the pictures.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Beautiful car! Welcome to the site.

I will move this thread to our New Member section - no hazing required.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Welcome to the f-body world. Good looking ride.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Black
    2001 WS6

Thanks guys!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Josh. As far as the shocks go the members here have many hundreds of thousands of miles on F-Bodies and we keep seeing the same name. Bilstein. They will run you a few dollars more but when you start modifying the suspension and ride height that is where the extra money comes in to play. You could go with Koni DA's but you will double your cost. Good luck.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Nice looking ride and welcome to the site. As stated above, Bilstein is a solid shock which will get the job done really well.

As info, the stock DeCarbon shocks installed on the car were not designed to be paired with a lowering spring which has a different spring rate than that of the stock ride height spring - that's likely why you're seeing a noticeable difference in the shock performance now. Bilsteins or Koni's will solve that problem!
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black
    2001 WS6

Thanks guys. Since I'm on some what of a budget, I'll probably be gone saving for a set of the billsteins.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site!

Thread Information