blue

New guy grom Wv.

Figured I would just say hey an introduce myself My name is Lance an I just recently bought a dark blue 1999 camaro z28 with a ls1 5.7 an auto trans. I plan on doing a 6 speed swap when the money allows me to, there were some things wrong with it like the gas gauge didn't work so I figured it was the sending unit but it turned out that a mouse had just chewed threw 2 of the 3 wires to the sending unit so that saved me a little money just by replacing the connectors an wires from ac delco.
    Now I'm trying to figure out the slight vibrations/thump from the center console (I believe it's either the tranny an torque arm mount) Then the the owner before for me did somethings to it that I don't like so I'm gonna derice it first!!!
    He did the white face gauge to the gauges which didn't look bad during the day but at night it sucked bad so I switched the gauges back to stock, then he put halo headlights on it an they suck so I'm looking for a good set but it seems for stock replacements are gonna cost me around $700 anyone now of a good aftermarket company lol!! Then he also put clear/smoked taillights that I plan on swapping back to stock.

2002 Trans Am WS6 - Red
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ

Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see pictures of the car.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would imagine your thump is going to be the tranny mount.....pretty common. Congrats on the car and sounds like you have a pretty clear idea of what you want to do with the car. Don't forget to work some go fast parts in there somewhere.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Lance and congrats on the car. As far as stock headlights, you might be able to pick up a pair in good condition on ebay.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Lance.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome!

blue

Thanks guy's for the welcome!!
    As for the go fast parts ORION it's got some things done to it already like lt headers with 3" exhaust an no cats, K&N air intake.
    Not really wanting a lot a HP/TQ I'd be happy with 350HP/TQ or even maybe 400HP/TQ at the rear tires lol.
    It's lowered with eibach lowering spring but shocks/struts need replaced, front upper strut bar may be stock not really sure lol!!
    Just had the windows tinted Sat. 5% on the back an 18% on the sides an also just put on a SLP grill.
    I'm sending my PCM off to tunedbyfrost in the morning. (I may just drop it off myself since I'm some what close lol gives me a reason to check out the shop also.)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Something to think about since you are already down that way: http://www.ls1.com/forums/f25/4th-an...2013-a-172512/ As far as I know, we are still planning on attending. You are also welcome to join us at the GM Carlisle show in June. We will have an LS1.com tent on the fairgrounds during the day... and just a little bit of fun and stupidity around Carlisle in the evening.

blue

I usually go to the all camaro&firebird show here in Martinsburg wv. since I live 5 minutes from where they have it at. Also got a card to join that join.
    An I'm also gonna try an make Carlisle this year to.
    Is any one going to Ocean City Cruisin Week? If so I'll be there to.

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

welcome to the site, your 30 mins from me and ill be in oc

blue

Awesome....I'll be staying on 2nd street.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Our Carlisle thread is up in AAG. You'll be able to access it after 10 days and 10 posts.

blue

Cool thanks for the heads up.......you guy's going to have a tent there correct.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

We are usually just inside Gate 3 and should be listed in the show program. There will be a banner at the tent and a bunch of guys with hangovers laying around in the shade.

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by lances View Post
    Awesome....I'll be staying on 2nd street.
    ill be at the grand on 21st

blue

That's Cool I'll have to come over an meet you guy's.

blue

Quote Originally Posted by robs98mysticZ View Post
    ill be at the grand on 21st
    Are you going to be taking the camaro? or do have something else you may be taking?

Thread Information