Black
    2004 Dodge SRT4

Smile New guy, Drive a NSRT4 but big LS1 Fan as well.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Ive been a fan of Camaros and FBirds ever since childhood with the LS1 being my favorite engine. Ive had some experience with them even at one point helping my friend install a magnacharger supercharger on his beautiful blue 04 GTO. The engine is amazing and very powerful even in stock form. Both the 04 GTO and 02 camaro I drove left an impression i wont forget. My reasons for purchasing an SRT4 is better fuel mileage (at the time 4.00 per gallon), cheaper to mod, cheaper to buy, quite close in performance numbers to a 98-02 Camaro Z28 and dominating over a 99-04 Mustang GT. I will soon be on the market for a 98-02 style Z28 or SS depending on prices and availability to sit next to my SRT. I figure two nice fast american cars from different sides of the spectrum to start the collection.

Salute to you guys that love fast cars for what they are - Freedom.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

welcome to the site... what mods do you got done to your skittle???

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome aboard and good luck in your search for an SS or Z28

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

welcome just please dont rice it out. those can be nice fast ass cars with the right and tasteful mods.

Black
    2004 Dodge SRT4

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    welcome to the site... what mods do you got done to your skittle???
    Just K&N and Diablosport tune. Runs low 13s in the quarter and sub 5seconds 0 to 60 provided I fenesse it through first. Im sure you guys know all about whellspin tho lol.

Black
    2004 Dodge SRT4

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    welcome just please dont rice it out. those can be nice fast ass cars with the right and tasteful mods.
    Thanks. She is just black with the stock spoiler removed. Just plan to lower it an inch, get a lip spoiler, and maybe powdercoat the stock 17s black. The car is as fast as I want it to be in a tuner. Dont get me wrong with a stage 3 I could put it up to 360hp at the wheels for a measley 1,300 bucks and run 11s with sticky tires but I cant shake the desire for a muscle car(98-02 Camaro Z28 or SS to be exact). So I figure put that money toward a downpayment and eventually supercharge or cam it depending on the info I get from you guys. If I may ask what is the most common beginner mods you guys usually do? Is it like most people - intake, exhaust, tune, etc?
    Last edited by metaliox; 02-24-2011 at 08:16 PM.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by metaliox View Post
    Thanks. She is just black with the stock spoiler removed. Just plan to lower it an inch, get a lip spoiler, and maybe powdercoat the stock 17s black. The car is as fast as I want it to be in a tuner. Dont get me wrong with a stage 3 I could put it up to 360hp at the wheels for a measley 1,300 bucks and run 11s with sticky tires but I cant shake the desire for a muscle car(98-02 Camaro Z28 or SS to be exact). So I figure put that money toward a downpayment and eventually supercharge or cam it depending on the info I get from you guys. If I may ask what is the most common beginner mods you guys usually do? Is it like most people - intake, exhaust, tune, etc?
    yeah dont get me wrong i love the srt-4's. i have two buddies that run low 10's in theirs and they only have maybe 10k in the engine and drivetrain. you could probably go lower if you wanted and BBS makes some bad ass wheels that look really good on those cars.

Black, White
    2001 WS6, 2000 SS Camaro

I bought the first SRT-4 to hit Memphis back in 03...talk about a blast to drive. It was fun to mod, too.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Welcome to LS1.com!

black
    1998 transam ws6

welcome to ls1

Black
    2004 Dodge SRT4

Thanks alot guys. Way I see it give respect where respect is due. Too many people bash mustangs, camaros, and absolutely hate my SRT because it has a neon shell and shouldnt be quick. I personally dont like most mustangs and people say they are girl sports cars, tainted, etc but dear god some of those Fox bodies and Terminators are fast as hell(LOVE the Terminator tho). Same goes with the F bodies. The Vette has gotten the old man mid life crisis persona, the camaro/firebird/trans am got the trailer mullet thing but SCREW that dammit cause they usually are fire breathers out of the box (depending on year) and have amazing potential. My best friends 04 Goat with titaniam internals, boost, etc dynoed at 842RWHP and if that isnt awesome I dont know what is.

Salute to you guys and your cars.

Black, White
    2001 WS6, 2000 SS Camaro

I use to knock on turbo four bangers until I bought one. Changed my mind very quickly...especially a domestic one. I bought that thing brand new for $19,999 and was the fastest new car for the buck. Kinda wish I still had it to play around with..

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Last skittle I ran at the track had a bigger turbo and I just inched him out.

Mind you this was before the tranny and tc... He ran a high 12 to my low 13. I totally raped him off the line though and that was why I won with a .2 second slower time...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Pics of the skittle!!!!

Welcome to the site!! The majority of us are just car lovers, no matter what. We just don't take kindly to bench racing and shit talkin!!!

Thread Information