2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

New guy from Charleston, SC

Hey everybody, my names Chris. I'm from Charleston, SC. Just got a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am in need of some work. The previous owner tried to drive it through a flooded road and she ended up waterlogging the motor. So now the motor has to be replaced. She also let it sit closed up in the heat for a while so that there was mold and mildew all over the place. Luckily, the seats are leather so it just wipes off. The carpet is another story. I'm gonna attempt to clean it. I can tell that she had some little yappy dog that she like to take everywhere because the entire car is convered with dog hair.

I've been working on Trans Ams for a while now. My dad has 3 2nd gens which are amazing. He has a '76 455 #s matching in Firethorn Red that is being restored right now; a blue '79 with t-tops and a built 455 which has earned the nickname "The Beast"; and a black '79 with t-tops and a 400 that is almost finished and will then be sold. So needless to say, we like our T/As.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Welcome to the site! Good luck on the build. What are your plans for the TA?

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    Welcome to the site! Good luck on the build. What are your plans for the TA?
    Which one, lol????

The blue '79 is basically done.
    For the WS6, I want to do a TT build. My dad thinks procharging it would be better but I disagree. I'm thinking of lowering it a bit, getting the new snowflake rims from Year One. Doing the shortshifter, transmission, and all that good stuff. Considering nitrous but not too inclined unless it's spraying the intercooler. Of course putting in a full cage and harnesses. This will all take many years to do of course because I'm a poor broke college kid. But it's another project for my dad and I to build and add to our Trans Am collection. He also wants to do a body kit and lambo doors. I personally thing that it would look horrendous like that and be way too . It would be a terrible thing to do to any GM car except maybe a cobalt, lol.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Sounds good! Real good! Yeah I understand about the broke college kid statement im one myself. Yeah the body kit and lambo doors dont look too good to me either. But its your car so if thats what you decide then thats what it will be. She sounds like shes going to be a BEAST!

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Yea, I sure hope so. And as long as I have the car, it will not have lambo doors or a body kit. But, my dad is gonna turn it into a show car for a while once I get all the money saved up for a new truck. And once he's had it for a few years and put all the money into that I cant, then I get it back with all that stuff to remove or leave as I please. And he plans to do a full motor build with an LSX block and go for 800+WHP so I have no complaints there.

I'm dont know a whole lot about the LS1 yet so I'm still trying to figure them out. I'm used to working with the little 2.0L 4cyl of my DD Mitsubishi Eclipse or the big 455s for the '70s T/As. I know that even if I just did minor mods, I'd still be pretty set performance wise with WS6 package so I think I'll stick to just things like exhaust/headers, air filter & lid, possibly new intake manifold and throttle body, and new heads if I can afford it.

I'll be posting pics up soon as well.

Thread Information