Thread: new guy...

white/black
    2001 pontiac trans am

new guy...

hello everyone. my name is eric. i live in hotter-than-hell sw florida and i've been a single father going on 3 years now. i used to own a '95 t/a i bought just after highschool several years back. now i just picked up this '01 t/a a few months ago for a toy/weekend car. ever since my '95, i've been obsessed with them...

unfortunately, i took this one up to georgia 4th of july weekend to visit my father, and had some trouble. i bought a power inverter for my daughter's dvd player that morning, and about 200 miles away from home i plugged it in and within 5 minutes it killed the car. it fried the battery and alternator. i had the battery replaced in the next town, but being 4th of july, no one was open to get an alternator. so we spent the next 5 hours with no a/c or stereo... the next day i had it in to get the alternator replaced.

but, now i've been having some trouble with the idle dropping to about 400 rpms with the a/c running and the amps drop to around 11(just at the caution point or lower). without a/c running, the idle sits between 5-600 rpms and amps stay at 14. i don't know if that inverter also screwed something else electrical up or what. i haven't had a single problem until i plugged that damn thing in! lol. and now i'm not sure where to begin. i've had it on a computer and it didn't throw any codes at that time. i was going to change out the plugs and wires and go from there... anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by hollywood21; 08-03-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Welcome to the site eric! Try checking the lines coming from the battery and make sure none of them arent fried.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

welcome to the site eric... i hope we can help ya get your car running right!!!

white/black
    2001 pontiac trans am

thanks... i hope we can get this figured out, too. i'm having some trouble navigating through this site. lol. i'm used to myspace! how do i get straight to these messages without having to find myself in the "new introductions" section?

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site. Have any pics of your T/A's? To see the threads you have posted in, click on the "User CP" at the top left of the page. Then all the new posts of the threads you have posted in should be there.

Thread Information