Thread: New guy

Black
    1992 GT Hatchback

New guy

Hey everyone, new here, of course. I have a Mustang GT right now, but have started to get interested in Camaro's and Trans Am's. Don't know much about them.
    I've always been a Mustang guy and have had mine for almost 6 years. She was stock when I bought her. I've done a lot to her and love her. Here's a pic:

I have a Maxima as my daily but thinking about getting rid of it and going to the dark side. I really like the SS and the WS6. I've heard they get decent gas mileage too with the 6 speed and you don't drive hard.

Just here to learn about these cars and any help you guys can give me, I'd appreciate it.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Welome, and congrats on making the correct decision. Mine is a 2000 ws-6 w/28 k. I drive 50/50 highway and in town I avarage 20+ mpg's I dont drive it very easy either. You could get in one with low miles for around 15k to 20k. depending on condition. I reccomend getting one with t-tops. You also half to run premium unleaded all the time. I promise you will not miss your stang even though it looks very nice.

Black
    1992 GT Hatchback

not getting rid of the 'stang, want to get rid of the maxima

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Well what is it that you want to learn about our cars then?

Black
    1992 GT Hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    Well what is it that you want to learn about our cars then?
    most everything about the Camaro/Trans Am. All I know is they're much faster stock that my Mustang and I've heard the LS1 was touched by the hand of god.
    I've always been interested in them, I just ended up with the 'stang.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Quote Originally Posted by 92BlackGT View Post
    most everything about the Camaro/Trans Am. All I know is they're much faster stock that my Mustang and I've heard the LS1 was touched by the hand of god.
    I've always been interested in them, I just ended up with the 'stang.
    Yeah stock for stock they are faster than almost every dd car out there...So why dont you sell both your cars to get the best of both worlds? I mean your capable of getting 18-21 mpg city and 25-28 mpg highway plus this car is so easy/sorta cheap to mod and gain hella hp. Stock f-bodies are already ahead a step or two of the rest of the muscle cars out there...also they look mean as hell coming from behind you, you gotta admit they intimidate you...think about it.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Welcome to the site! Nice stang and yes you will love a F-Body. You are missing out!

Thread Information