Thread: New Guy

Black
    98 Vette

New Guy

Hi I am new here. I have a 1998 Vette. Its my second LS1. I had a new WS6 TA but sold it after 6 months. I just did not like that car. It was uncomfortable for a tall guy. I do like my Vette however and am looking forward to sharing info here.
    1998 C5 BLACK
    2003 CHEVY DIESEL PU ARRIVAL BLUE
    2008 SKY MIDNIGHT BLUE

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to LS1.com!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Welcome! Got any pics of the vette?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site!

RED
    2001 CAMARO Z

welcome

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Welcome aboard! Post up some pics.
    Lt's,SFC,3,600 Fuddle stall,Spohn Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, BMR LCA,Ls6 intake,Air lid,Under drive pulley,S60 rear,Frost tune and a few more things I cant remember.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Welcome to LS1.com

Very nice collection you got there too!! Is the Sky a Redline?

Black
    98 Vette

No the Sky is not a Redline, I drove a few and was not impressed. My diesel truck will outrun them. Direct injection is not a proven technology in gas motors. I am glad I made that choice as the Redline motors are breaking pistons due to injection timing. I plan to put an LS of some kind in it someday. I just like V8s.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxsky View Post
    No the Sky is not a Redline, I drove a few and was not impressed. My diesel truck will outrun them. Direct injection is not a proven technology in gas motors. I am glad I made that choice as the Redline motors are breaking pistons due to injection timing. I plan to put an LS of some kind in it someday. I just like V8s.
    GM performance put an LS7 into a Solstice... Talk about beautiful! And I think HotRod mag. did their own project car too.

Black
    98 Vette

Wades Garage is developing a kit. I am waiting for that. I am now also thinking about the DDM supercharger as its way less money and still better than the RL engine. Now that I have the Vette my V8 need is subdued. The Sky is only for top down weather and we don't get much here. Might not be worth the cost of the swap. Still thinking. Don't do much of that so I need to wait for the smoke to clear.

Black
    98 Vette

I need to look in my phone card or take more pictures. This is the only one in my laptop. I will post more later. It needs a complete detail with my Adams gear so I don't have a lotof photos yet. I was waiting for Sky weather to go after the Vette. I am going to also gut the inside for a deep clean and the Madvette insulation kit that took 3 months to get. Plus I am adding bun warmers and an XM dock for my XM radio. I have the repair kit for the seat slides too so it will be down a few weeks. It will be like new then as it has under 60,000 miles on it. Ok this forum is different than I have seen. How are photos added? The one I was going to post is the one in my avatar.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxsky View Post
    I need to look in my phone card or take more pictures. This is the only one in my laptop. I will post more later. It needs a complete detail with my Adams gear so I don't have a lotof photos yet. I was waiting for Sky weather to go after the Vette. I am going to also gut the inside for a deep clean and the Madvette insulation kit that took 3 months to get. Plus I am adding bun warmers and an XM dock for my XM radio. I have the repair kit for the seat slides too so it will be down a few weeks. It will be like new then as it has under 60,000 miles on it. Ok this forum is different than I have seen. How are photos added? The one I was going to post is the one in my avatar.
    Photos can be linked through photobucket or a similar photo sharing host. This thread gives you a step by step:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138199

Thread Information