Thread: New guy

Sonic Blue
    2003 Cobra

New guy

Hello. I joined up to check out the classifieds. I am in the market for an f-body. Gotta be an LS1, gotta be an m6! Currently, I drive a 2003 Cobra, 2.6KB, nitrous, auto conversion after breaking the 6 speed, straight axle, etc. Its on the way to be a race car with VERY LIMITED street use. I also have a 93 notchback which is waiting on the 03 drive train out of my Cobra when the turbo motor is ready!

I am an artist. I do vehicle renderings, paiting, airbrush custom paint, stickers, tattoo design, etc. I also own a mobile chassis dyno business. I am yet to not be impressed with an LS vehicle on the dyno, so I decided it was time for one. I am just scouring the marketplace trying to find something on the cheap. I am new to the GM side of things, so all the little quirks are things I have also been researching.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

welcome to the site i hope to see you on more and to see some of your work with renderings and what not.

Sonic Blue
    2003 Cobra

Thanks! If its not ok to post pics, I will happily delete these, or the mods can junk them, too. 100% hand drawn, marker and ink on vellum, no airbrushing in these...

My car's upcoming paint scheme, beadlocks are here, fronts are on order and the hood is too!...

A couple more for you Chevy guys...

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

thats some good looking stuff. i do like the 03 04 cobra's

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! Nice job on the art too.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome to the site. I'll have to check out the art when I get home.

Sonic Blue
    2003 Cobra

thanks guys

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Welcome! Very nice art, and good luck on the possible f-body purchase. I've been thinking lately of maybe finding an 03-04 Cobra, in white. I think they look great, and I've been waxed in a few races against a buddy with a pullied 03, so I know they perform well. Looking forward to seeing more of your art and rendering work. Maybe make a thread on it in the near future. There's another guy on here from AZ who does rendering for a living, he's pretty savvy.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

welcome to ls-1, nice drawings

Sonic Blue
    2003 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Welcome! Very nice art, and good luck on the possible f-body purchase. I've been thinking lately of maybe finding an 03-04 Cobra, in white. I think they look great, and I've been waxed in a few races against a buddy with a pullied 03, so I know they perform well. Looking forward to seeing more of your art and rendering work. Maybe make a thread on it in the near future. There's another guy on here from AZ who does rendering for a living, he's pretty savvy.
    Thanks. I did the art thing for a living for a little while, and when it slowed down along with the economy I decided to go another direction and got a dyno (some direction change, huh?). I still do the art stuff when I can, and it is still a big part of what I do as a hobby/side cash.

White was my first choice in a color when I was looking at Cobras to purchase, then Dark Shadow Grey, then Sonic Blue. I ended up with my 3rd choice as you can see, but I am glad I did after there's 2 more white ones around here. Its not that much more expensive to get one with a blower swap now. With the cost of the blower if you buy it yourself it typically makes it worth it to get one with one already on it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Welcome and nice art!

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and mad skills with the drawing man! You could probably offer to hand draw some members rides and make a little $$ on the side. Good luck with the car hunt and let us know what you find.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Thread Information