blue
    2002 Trans Am

new from ft. hood tx area

Hello all, well I am happy to be in my 2002 auto Trans Am that I got a couple weeks ago, but also sad because it is in the shop and just waiting on the new rear end to come in and get put in. I am new to the LS1's I always was a mustang owner since 2001 and love the Mustang's and F-bodies, it is all the common ground of the love for cars. I traded in my 2013 charger R/T on the Trans Am because I wanted to get back into a muscle car. I had to get a auto because my left knee is so bad and that is why I traded my 6speed 2013 GT in on the Charger, but needed to come back and the sn95 Mustang's auto just aren't very good, so thought I would try a Trans Am auto and see where it goes from there. The car is pretty much stock, but is custom painted blue with Ram Air style hood, after market black rims, k&n air filter, single chamber flow (which I'm going to switch and have no muffler). For the rear end and for what I am needing, I went with a 9in. Moser 31 whole bolt in axle kit with 3.73 gears. I also just ordered a Diablo Itune and down the road will have a custom tune done for it. I do want to do a CAI, but the car is mainly for driving and so not a bunch of crazy modding going on, I've had my fun with my 04 mach 1 that had a Dss Racing Pro Mod 5.0 with Procharger D1sc with built rear end, suspension, and it was fun, but not needed for what I need now.
    I look forward to learning more on the LS1 and hope to get connected with some of the groups around the Ft. Hood area. I am a retired Army Veteran and going to school online full time, but my wife and I do PTSD support groups

ASh
    Last edited by ASh302; 11-19-2014 at 05:56 AM.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

here are pictures

ASh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00.jpg   02.jpg   01.jpg   05.jpg   04.jpg  

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Nice looking car Ash. Welcome to the site. I missed being at Ft Hood.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to LS1.com, Ash, and I think you'll love your T/A A4 just fine I also had to opt for an A4 this time around for similar reasons, not sorry at all

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Nice looking car Ash. Welcome to the site. I missed being at Ft Hood.
    I was never station here, but this is where I'm at right now. I would think the car scene would be a lot better for the amount of soldiers here

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Welcome to LS1.com, Ash, and I think you'll love your T/A A4 just fine I also had to opt for an A4 this time around for similar reasons, not sorry at all
    Thanks so far I have liked it, The other reason I always had manual is I feel in control and know what gear I was in, with the auto just have to learn the car, but for the drag strip will be sweet

ASh

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

new from ft. hood tx area

Last tine I was there the biggest club was The Running Stangs. Give 2 guesses what they drove.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

I have some fbody friends from FT Hood. They have a group called 254 Racing, it's on Facebook.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    I have some fbody friends from FT Hood. They have a group called 254 Racing, it's on Facebook.
    I will have to check it out, I have started or fixing to get involved with the Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club in the chapter in this area.

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Last tine I was there the biggest club was The Running Stangs. Give 2 guesses what they drove.
    I figured it would be mustang's I was a Mustang owner for a very long time and had 3 different ones since 2001. had my fun ran nitrous on 2 of them, then built motor with procharger. When I was station at Fort. Lewis, I was the crazy mustang owner that would hang out with the F-body guys. They were part of LSXnation but I loved the 98-02 Trans am

ASh

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

Welcome! Im in the ft hood area as well, just stuck in Lithuania for the moment. Hope to see you around.
    2005 Impulse Blue GTO
    Kooks Longtube Headers (off-road mids) , SLP Loudmouth II Catback, Vararam OTRCAI, MSD Spark Wires, 238/242 .595, Trickflow 225cc Heads, SLP 25% UD Pulley, Breather, Elite Engineering Catch Can, 3200 TC,Hayden Trans Cooler, P&P TB, Dyno tune by Sunshine Performance

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Thank you for your service Ash and welcome to the site.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by dethinboots View Post
    Welcome! Im in the ft hood area as well, just stuck in Lithuania for the moment. Hope to see you around.
    that be great, for sure, I see you got a blue one and I'm sure you won't see any of my blue around this area, so if you see me or the car say hi or leave a note. I have another buddy with a 08 Vette that is also retired Army

ASh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Thank you for your service Ash and welcome to the site.
    Thank you and it was a honor to serve this country. I have my story with it and my time is done, but I am still around here helping Soldiers just in a different way now

ASh
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 12-09-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

Finally back! Tracking any time soon?

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by dethinboots View Post
    Finally back! Tracking any time soon?
    Not that I know of, trying to get my T/A back from the shop. I would like to go though, I got some goodies going on, just trying to get everything corrected on my Moser rear end, one of the axle is to long so dealing with that right now.

So far I have going on or parts on stand by
    -Moser 9in 31spline with 3.73 (whole new rear end)
    -Sony CD player (one in doesn't play CD's)
    -DiabloSport Intune
    -SLP LM1 cat-back system
    -some new emblems

so just waiting for it to be done so I can get the other stuff added on

Send me a PM and we can meet up

ASh

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Love the color of that TA! I know its a few hours from you, but LSX Force is in Houston and they have a HUGE following so if you are looking to do cruises, shows, events etc with cars like yours that would probably be a good starting point for your neck of the woods.

Thread Information