Thread: New Car

Silver
    02 Camaro

New Car

I just got a new Automatic 02" Z28 Camaro with the LS1 engine. When I got it I noticed that it has a small higher pitched revolution noise (like a cam). When I asked about it I was told that it was the cam and that it used to be a State Patrol car. However, I have driven many Camaro's and have never heard a noise like that. It isn't a blown rod and there is plenty of new oil...any idea what it is? Also I am looking for more low end torque. I have done research and I am told that 4:11 gears and a new cam is the way to go (along with a better exhaust), however, there seems to be confilicting information about this......

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Welcome to the site. I am not sure about your questions. Try posting in the external and internal engine threads and you will get alot more responses...

Midnight Blue
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I just got a new Automatic 02" Z28 Camaro with the LS1 engine. When I got it I noticed that it has a small higher pitched revolution noise (like a cam). When I asked about it I was told that it was the cam and that it used to be a State Patrol car. However, I have driven many Camaro's and have never heard a noise like that. It isn't a blown rod and there is plenty of new oil...any idea what it is? Also I am looking for more low end torque. I have done research and I am told that 4:11 gears and a new cam is the way to go (along with a better exhaust), however, there seems to be confilicting information about this......
    Welcome to the boards.

4:11's on an Auto DD is pretty brutal, unless it is for the Track only.
    I have heard the best bet for us A4 guys is to cap at 3:73's.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

White
    2001 SS #3504

welcome...

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Welcome.....the high chirp sound you are describing sounds like it may be a pulley. Try the search button on here and posting in the external and internal engine sections. you will get tons of replys.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Thread Information