Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boy from Az

none yet

New Boy from Az

Hey all my name is alex im 14. I joined this site because I love camaros and cars in general. I have been a car junkie for a few years now. Last year i helped my bro strip his 240sx engine down to the block so he can replace his head gasket. Im in the process of convincing my parents of buying me my first car when i turn 15 this november. This is it http://wileyautogroup.com/profile.as...zip=&distance=. Hopefully i get it. if i do expect to see some pics

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and welcome.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Welcome. Starting off young which is good. My first car when I was 16 was a 95 3.4 v6 firebird! Thanks for makin me feel old!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Welcome. Starting off young which is good. My first car when I was 16 was a 95 3.4 v6 firebird! Thanks for makin me feel old!

Old...? I give a hearty 'bah' to you, young man! MY first car was an '82 Toyota Tercel, 4-spd manual and red like a tomato. No first car firebirds for some of us

Welcome even younger man. I agree, I wish I had developed my serious interest in cars when younger. You have fun times ahead!

-----

Just looked at the car. Nice! But it says 4-spd auto whilst the pictures show a manual...

Last edited by Schmalgar; 07-14-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Old...? I give a hearty 'bah' to you, young man! MY first car was an '82 Toyota Tercel, 4-spd manual and red like a tomato. No first car firebirds for some of us

Welcome even younger man. I agree, I wish I had developed my serious interest in cars when younger. You have fun times ahead!

-----

Just looked at the car. Nice! But it says 4-spd auto whilst the pictures show a manual...

Ha ha ha! 'Bah' yourself 71 Vega in 79 for me

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find it useful and, good luck... hope you get the car you want

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

You kids never give up do you?

AFAIC y'all had it easy.

1st car for me was a 54 Chevy Station Wagon w/ 3-on-the-tree, Armstrong steering and drum brakes. This was back in 1970...

And welcome to the new kid. Muscle Car scene needs new kids to stay alive.

Seems that ad has a few errors: It's an SS not a Z28, has a single disk CD player not a cassette player (my 98 has a cassette player in dash with the 12 disk CD player in the trunk), it's an M6 not an A4. Also, 2001 was the lowest build number (least number of units built) for 4th gens.

Looks to be worth the price. Don't point out to the sales person that it's an SS though as that carries a premium price.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 07-14-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

none yet

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    You kids never give up do you?

AFAIC y'all had it easy.

1st car for me was a 54 Chevy Station Wagon w/ 3-on-the-tree, Armstrong steering and drum brakes. This was back in 1970...

And welcome to the new kid. Muscle Car scene needs new kids to stay alive.

Seems that ad has a few errors: It's an SS not a Z28, has a single disk CD player not a cassette player (my 98 has a cassette player in dash with the 12 disk CD player in the trunk), it's an M6 not an A4. Also, 2001 was the lowest build number (least number of units built) for 4th gens.

Looks to be worth the price. Don't point out to the sales person that it's an SS though as that carries a premium price.
    Thats dealer's fault. Ive seen the car in person.

2002 trans am ws6

my first car was a 91 mitsubishi galant (piece of trash kept breaking on me like once or twice a month) then my brother got me a 94 3.4 camaro. then traded that car for a 02 3.8 firebird then traded the one for a 02 ws6

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I'm going to be an asshole(not out of the ordinary) and say you are way to young to get any car like that as your first.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I'm going to be an asshole(not out of the ordinary) and say you are way to young to get any car like that as your first.
    But wouldn't you have wanted that at that age?

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

That's exactly why he's too young! If we couldn't then he shouldn't either! It makes us feel better that way!

It's like fraternity hazing. Why does it continue to thrive? Because I had to go through it and I want the next to also...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    That's exactly why he's too young! If we couldn't then he shouldn't either! It makes us feel better that way!

It's like fraternity hazing. Why does it continue to thrive? Because I had to go through it and I want the next to also...
    touche...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Welcome to LS1.com!!!!

Universal Pisser Offer Fester801's Avatar

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

Give him a break guys, It's very refreshing to see a youth wanting some real muscle, instead of some annoying ass ricer with a big f'ing wing and a douchebag paint job. If his folks will let him have the car then let him live and learn. It will teach him responsibility. If he's not a responsible kid then it's his parents fault, but I say never discourage a youngster from wanting a REAL car. It only helps keep our legacy alive. *%$^&%^$* shit, I fell off my soap box, sorry. Rock it if you can get it kiddo, welcome to the site...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I wanted a lambo diablo vt at that age.
    Seriously hell yah I would but we all do stupid shit when were young-er. I was doing powerslides in my accord (first car). It's not like he wants it for the fuel savings

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I wanted a lambo diablo vt at that age.
    Seriously hell yah I would but we all do stupid shit when were young-er. I was doing powerslides in my accord (first car). It's not like he wants it for the fuel savings
    Well you of all people should have been on a bicycle till at least the age of 21!

none yet

I know what im getting myself into. I know the power a v8 has, mom has an 08 silverado with the 5.3. I can drive a stick shift. My only problems are starting from a stop and reversing.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by alexg69 View Post
    I know what im getting myself into. I know the power a v8 has, mom has an 08 silverado with the 5.3. I can drive a stick shift. My only problems are starting from a stop and reversing.
    The Silverado is an entirely different animal

1st and reverse are pretty important But, like with anything else... practice makes perfect

When you get your license, you should test drive a Camaro m6.

I hope you end up with the car you want. You've got plenty of time to get it all worked out.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by alexg69 View Post
    A foxbody has a v-8 also but that don't mean shit Goodluck though I hope this becomes nothing but a positive experience for you, make the best of it. And take it to the track.

none yet

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    The Silverado is an entirely different animal

1st and reverse are pretty important But, like with anything else... practice makes perfect

When you get your license, you should test drive a Camaro m6.

I hope you end up with the car you want. You've got plenty of time to get it all worked out.
    Thats actually what it is. A 2001 Camaro ss with an m6. Thats why i want it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information